Is it poss the FS1 and EME Q8 DQ'ed?

rasper99

Freighter wake hunter
Sounds like Scott F. is trying to run the WF into the ground even faster than we imagined. Pretty sloppy not catching it before the competition.

The comments about judge 2 marking everyone down are illustrated in the attached picture. He was tough on them.

Attachments

• FreestyleWF2008.jpg
    FreestyleWF2008.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 81
pro freestyle should be run what you brung. all of the pros have the cash to build whatever they want. its like the ijsba wants the sport of jet skiing to become non existent, why would you want the best riders in the world to be restricted on the type of equipment they are on? why would they want to slow down the progression of the sport? this "hobby" makes me sick. let the big guys in the sport stay on the cutting edge of the "technology'.

can i have my account deleted from this place?(the X i mean) i think i will be much better off not know what the jet ski community has to say about anything....

mosquini

Looking for a fixed steer standup
I think it's total bs what happened with the judging. There were some amazing riders and I want to give more props to stoyer because wasnt he running a sn bottom deck and what top? I'm sure he had a big motor but dam.

Watching Rok's routine put a grin on my face. The conditions resembled "Victory at Sea". But, he put together a stellar routine that really seemed to flow. The tricks were solid with plenty of transitions and combos. He seemed to be combining big air tricks with a real sense of flow. Kind of combining the old skool sense of big "Wow" factor stuff, with an empahasis on transitions.

Not just setup wake..Backflip. Setup wake...Flarell roll. Setup wake ...Barrel Roll, etc.

The water was brutal, almost washing machine-like. Despite that..he seemed to have a real routine going.... not just an adlibbed backflip-fest.

That Helicopter trick looked great!.

Dear Aquaholic
Great to read that I am not the only one left on the planet who can see and enjoy a routine with FLOW.
See all his routines over the last 3 year, he got style and FLOW.
Remember who prepared the WF routine with Roc 2005?
If so, you will know where the flow is coming from.

Bufacci is doing this Helicopter trick in the surf now for several years and it is always beautiful to watch.

Marc

Last edited:

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Sounds like Scott F. is trying to run the WF into the ground even faster than we imagined. Pretty sloppy not catching it before the competition.

The comments about judge 2 marking everyone down are illustrated in the attached picture. He was tough on them.

As much as we may not agree with it. Scott did his job. These ski's did not follow the rules. nor conform to the rules..

Actually it looks like Judge 2 was just more critical. But look at them, they are consistant so it does not effect one rider over another...

Last edited:

Big Kahuna

Administrator
I think it's total bs what happened with the judging. There were some amazing riders and I want to give more props to stoyer because wasnt he running a sn bottom deck and what top? I'm sure he had a big motor but dam.

Judging is subjective. Stoyer has been on wamilton's hulls for the past 2 years.

waterfreak

I had a vision!
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Judging is subjective. Stoyer has been on wamilton's hulls for the past 2 years.

this is all BS! If there going to DQ those guys for running illegal boats then ANT, Nac and Caldoroni should be DQ as well ...let's be consistent here!!!

BTW, Stoyer has his best WF run ever. His double barrel roll attempt on the double up was stellar!:headbang: and BK, he was on his 2 years old square conversion boat (same as nationals 2 years ago). It seems that he is no longer working with Wammer.:thinking:

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
this is all BS! If there going to DQ those guys for running illegal boats then ANT, Nac and Caldoroni should be DQ as well ...let's be consistent here!!!

BTW, Stoyer has his best WF run ever. His double barrel roll attempt on the double up was stellar!:headbang: and BK, he was on his 2 years old square conversion boat (same as nationals 2 years ago). It seems that he is no longer working with Wammer.:thinking:

I saw the pics from his double attempt, looked pretty good.

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few

Stoyer representing again!!! SOme people may not be big fans of his-BUT-he is always there and always gettin the job done!!! Go Stoyer!!!

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few
There is a very simple cure to all this-Tech Inspect the ski's prior to competition!!! Furthermore, if you are a builder and want to bring new and innovative stuff to WF, simply submit the specs and a photo to IJSBA prior to the event for approval !!! IJSBA states they will accept the new and innovative ski into comp, then there is nothing to argue/protest.

I don't get why it has to be soooooo hard.

Big Kahuna

Administrator

Steve, I agree, if a competitor was was on an illegal boat then they all should be DQ'd. But as far as quoting about Judging, I am referring to the actuall Judges who did the scoring which has nothing to do with a rider breaking the rules.

Did not know Stoyer was on his old hull, I thought he was still riding the wammer hull that he has been on all year.

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
can i have my account deleted from this place?(the X i mean) i think i will be much better off not know what the jet ski community has to say about anything....

Probably the dumbest thing I have ever seen here.
Oh yeah and I though Stone should have placed 1st, IMO his run looked better overall.

Last edited:

waterfreak

I had a vision!
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Steve, I agree, if a competitor was was on an illegal boat then they all should be DQ'd. But as far as quoting about Judging, I am referring to the actuall Judges who did the scoring which has nothing to do with a rider breaking the rules.

Did not know Stoyer was on his old hull, I thought he was still riding the wammer hull that he has been on all year.

I think that he sold his wammer hull to the russian girl he was training which may have had something to do with the reason that him and wammer are over:rant:

i "personally" think pro-freestyle should be "run what you brung" .... but its NOT, period... and that does suck.

The Jap dudes spent alot of time and money flying in and playing by the rules. you really cant blame them for protesting. you dont think they couldve shown up with some wild and crazy boats/motors? we all know the amount of coin those kids throw down in their boats. they probably couldve had 1300cc carbon fiber cylinders and 15mm crankshafts made of paper machet if they wanted to! they stuck to the rulebook. cant foul them for that.

it probably means alot of $$$ and business for the next year to go back home with the #1 trophy instead of a #4,5, or whatever. think about it from a business perspective, not just with yoru heart.

i dont know, i can just see both sides of it. i agree it SHOULD be run-what-you-brung, but until the ijsba/scott says IT IS, It's just not. someone posted that at least the builders got to show off their new boats/motors and i agree with that actually! any press is good press to an extent. i think anyone who watches the vids or was there knows who the best riders are.

unfortunately, it seems like the typical screw-the-pooching at WF again this year... sigh.

this thread is depressing to read!

Big Kahuna

Administrator
i "personally" think pro-freestyle should be "run what you brung" .... but its NOT, period... and that does suck.

The Jap dudes spent alot of time and money flying in and playing by the rules. you really cant blame them for protesting. you dont think they couldve shown up with some wild and crazy boats/motors? we all know the amount of coin those kids throw down in their boats. they probably couldve had 1300cc carbon fiber cylinders and 15mm crankshafts made of paper machet if they wanted to! they stuck to the rulebook. cant foul them for that.

it probably means alot of $$$ and business for the next year to go back home with the #1 trophy instead of a #4,5, or whatever. think about it from a business perspective, not just with yoru heart.

i dont know, i can just see both sides of it. i agree it SHOULD be run-what-you-brung, but until the ijsba/scott says IT IS, It's just not. someone posted that at least the builders got to show off their new boats/motors and i agree with that actually! any press is good press to an extent. i think anyone who watches the vids or was there knows who the best riders are.

unfortunately, it seems like the typical screw-the-pooching at WF again this year... sigh.

this thread is depressing to read!

Damn Edwin, the Moon and Stars must be aligned. We actually agree on something!!!!!!!!!

Rules are Rules, does not matter how screwed up they are. You play the game the way the rules state or you dont play and get to win the prize.

That is exactly whey Pat Bogart showed up on a Bone Stock Reinforced OEM hull at the 2006 Nationals and World Finals. You play by the rules and you come out a winner.

Top Bottom