JS550 no spark

Just bought a js550 with no spark. I have the manual but it is very confusing on how to test CDI and other electronics. I have a multimeter and I'm pretty handy. where should I start? I have done some ohm testing and I think that most of my components are good but I still don't know exactly what I'm doing. but I would like to make a list and check off as I go to make sure everything works. Any help is much appreciated

Oh and it's a 1987 and when the plugs are in, it turns over really slow even though the battery is at full charge, maybe starter needs to be cleaned up

1525146110624.png

ok Well, I've done some more research and I've tested literally everything with an ohm meter and it all passes, including stator. I did some prodding and I found that when I press my killswitch it send a completes a ground circuit making the b/w wire between the CDI and killswitch relay a ground. I also found that the b/w wire is already grounded when from the CDI side because when I disconnect the wire the side connected to CDI is grounded. I just need to know If somebody who has a ski like mine is that is normal?

Attachments

• 1525146038014.png
    1525146038014.png
    459.3 KB · Views: 10
Top Bottom