MSD total loss problem

mr.fixitman760

if it aint broke, dont fix it
I solder and shrink tube ALL my wire ends. Crimp on's are quick and easy but you get it stuck in your a$$ when your trying to enjoy n ride. It's worth the extra time without a doubt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That was literally the only wire with a crimp on it because I ran out of the nice ones I was using and needed to test it before going to Indiana for a show, completely forgot about it

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

IMG_0819.PNG
I solder and shrink tube ALL my wire ends. Crimp on's are quick and easy but you get it stuck in your a$$ when your trying to enjoy n ride. It's worth the extra time without a doubt.

This stuff and heat shrinkes with glue in it as well

Rite on. You can use the same style you have in the pic for soldering also. Just skim across the plastic shield in a bench grinder, pull the plastic off n your good to go. Solder the wire in the base and slide a piece of shrink tube up on it n it will never fail.

mr.fixitman760

if it aint broke, dont fix it
Rite on. You can use the same style you have in the pic for soldering also. Just skim across the plastic shield in a bench grinder, pull the plastic off n your good to go. Solder the wire in the base and slide a piece of shrink tube up on it n it will never fail.

I have the nice ones with shrink tube already on them but maybe I'll just solder both the brain terminals anyway, all the other connections are great

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Christian_83

Xscream
When you mention "glue", could you provide a link to what you are referring to?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Yes. either crimp terminals with glue, like duraseal, permaseal or likewise
http://media.rs-online.com/t_large/F0533673-01.jpg

Otherwise, heat shrink with glue, the glue does the difference in water :)
http://www.spec-net.com.au/press/1010/images/gvk131010_img02.jpg

And if you can get your hands on skotch kote from 3M, its really good (i think you have something called liquid tape in US) to use on joints, before heat shi

Top Bottom