SX/SXi/SXi Pro My '92 750SX rebuild

My buddies and I used to eat, sleep and breath jet skiing. We went to the Finals every year from 2000-2010 and skied Oceanside, Pismo, Blythe, Parker, Mead, Laughlin, Topoc, and Havasu. We night skied in Laughlin behind the water taxis and even brought a ski into our water front hotel room at the Pioneer to work on from time to time.
More and more friends were buying boats so these 3 skis have been sitting for about 12 years. I recently aquired my friend's 550 and 750. I will be taking the best of the two 750's and making one for myself then selling the remainder parts and part out the 550.

Parts using from my ski:
Motor-ported, SBN46, BCW intake, Wescoast head, 29cc domes, Weisco pistions 1.50 over, R&D timing advance
Jet Dynamics ride plate and top loader intake grate

Parts from other ski:
Hull, Factory Pipe, Jetcraft resonator, pump, Jettrim bars

First I wanted to catch up on some mods I've missed over the years so I got a PLD pole, Footholds and started gathering pieces for an X2 trim system. Hull reinforcement and hand holds are also on the list.

I will run over to IMPROS with both pumps and have them set me up the a new impeller and the better of the two pumps.

Here's an oldie of me and my friend at Body Beach with Kantz. I'm rockin the pink "Watkins" Jet Pilot suit.

DSCN0776_zpsaed3aa7b.jpg

DSCN0777_zps12f2103d.jpg

imagejpg1_zps6e83f1b6.jpg

imagejpg2_zpse820bfc8.jpg

I started on some rear hand holds

Hand hold ring mocked up

Grill cloth stretched and resined

A mixture of resin and body filler was poured in to layer the inside

layered up with mat

trimmed up and sanded a bit

I also got some goodies from Newmiller and CarterB:)

I'm getting closer to getting the CarterB SuperJet Rocker installed. Carter's customer service is excellent. When I had emailed Carter with pictures of my progress and questions on how to continue he replied within hours. He always left his cell number and said I could call if needed.

It lined up great after some trial and error. I tried install the rocker with the sides like the SJ but that didn't work out so I didn't have to cut the rocker down the middle. That just created more work for me to glass it back together.

Some Rocker progress, cleaned up the wiring, ebox, stator cover, fabbed primer and bilge bracket, shaved 2lbs from the hood, notched the tray for the trim system, cut the rails to A/B foam+glass and more blending of the rocker and clean up bottom of hull.

If you are using the stock ignition, find a newer CDI. The 92s came with a 3729 which has no timing retard. It is easy to burn a piston if a advance plate is used with this CDI.

I'm impressed with your abilities. How do you find so much time to get this accomplished? I work 70-80 hrs a week happily only because the pay is obscene! Lol

Inbetween my first and second job in the hours of 3-5am :) Main job VW tech, second job working for Andrew Buck at Buckshot Racing building sand cars. He used to make jet ski carbs back in the day.
No kids or ex-wives+incredibly awesome girlfriend=happy life.

Last edited:
If you are using the stock ignition, find a newer CDI. The 92s came with a 3729 which has no timing retard. It is easy to burn a piston if a advance plate is used with this CDI.

Thank you for the info. Forgot to post I'm using the MSD Enhancer ignition 4251

Top Bottom