My new Envy

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
I finally got to ride this ski today. I LOVE IT. All the SXR handling and yet it is lighter than a Superjet. I would bet this SXR style hull is easier to flip and roll than a stock SJ hull for sure. Great ski. I liked the Waterdawg footholds too. I had some issues with the tight pole that is at least -8 from a stock SXR setup.

I may put Waterdawg holds in my Trinity hull along with the Waterdawg hood hook system in the front. Best of Both Worlds, right?

Great ski, Vogi! Super fun to ride!

Thanks Korn. I friggn love it very much!!!! It rips!!!

I am wondering if an aluminum flywheel on my current set up would spin that prop to quick? It already rips so hard.

yeah friggin awesome ski... it wore my @$$ out in a hurry I rode it for only a few minutes on my knees and I was beat... I can't wait till I can actually stand-up and ride it... That is a totally awesome ski... Now you just need to get a kickazz graphics setup for it...

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
Thanks Korn. I friggn love it very much!!!! It rips!!!

I am wondering if an aluminum flywheel on my current set up would spin that prop to quick? It already rips so hard.

There is no such thing as too quick! :fing02:

That ski is 130 pounds lighter than my SXR!!!!!! That motor is faster in this hull than it was in your Superjet! Screamer. I can't wait to get my light Trinity hull.

More complicated than brain surgery and more painful than a catheter but here she is.

My God man....my God.......

Anyone doing this stuff now a days you had better cover your arse!!

A huge thanks to M-M marine for keeping such GREAT records on case purchases.

And if you ever buy a old hull from an auction house or anyone for that matter make sure those HINS match the paper work. My God.

Now i can't wait for Summer so I can rip this sucker!!!

Attachments

• finally!!.jpg
    finally!!.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 113

AlbanyMotorsports

Cru is Rad
Not to thread jack but I thought I would inject my input on the envy.

I was able to ride mine all summer and have to say that I love it. First off I'm a big guy (6"3 230lbs) so the fact that overall it is a larger boat makes it proportional with my size. I have a 66e with a 145 mag so the power and hook up is awesome. Most would think that this must way a ton. While it is slightly heavier than my rev with a 62t , it rides lighter than the rev prob bc of the fact that its shorter than stock. For anyone getting on an sxr or envy with footholds it is awkward bc your legs are much further apart. Being a big guy with huge feet I like that my stance in the holds is wider and I feel that it gives me more leveage. I run a skat trim which sticks the nozzle well beyond the end of the hull which makes it a bit darty but I like how responsive the boat is. When you ride a stock sxr it feels like the nose is burried in the water and it wants to plow. The shorter hull let's the nose pop nicely without sacraficing its ability to hook when you turn.

I have played around with the pole lenght and started way to far back and went too far forward. As you get shorter and shorter you begin to notice that the weight shift from back, to over the hood more, makes a big difference in how it rides in a straightline. Right now I have my bars right at the start of the tray and its a bit too short. I noticed when I shorten the pole my barrel rolls start pointing more towards the sky (nose high) and I dnt like it.

It rols nicely and lands soft as long as you don't side cake in the middle of the hull. Think it flps really well (much better than my rev) with the shorter hull. I think my trim makes a pretty big difference off of smaller waves as it sticks back soo far. The nose feel nice and light but that may be mostly due to the lack of waterbox.

Overall this is the best hull for me at this time (sxr style bottom). I don't notice the size difference from sj to sxr like I do from sj to octane. For some reason the octane just seems bigger and bulkier.
I'm more of a cross breed rider that goes from flat to choppy to big to boat wakes etc... And for that I think its an all around great setup.
Ill be in daytona so if anyone is curious about it just come talk to me.

Back to work.

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
More complicated than brain surgery and more painful than a catheter but here she is.

My God man....my God.......

Anyone doing this stuff now a days you had better cover your arse!!

A huge thanks to M-M marine for keeping such GREAT records on case purchases.

And if you ever buy a old hull from an auction house or anyone for that matter make sure those HINS match the paper work. My God.

Now i can't wait for Summer so I can rip this sucker!!!

Whayt kind of tax did you pay?

Dude! Order it yesterday on a cc and then pay it off when you have the cash.

I would just get it ordered so you can get started.

sandman

runs on cottonseed oil
I may put Waterdawg holds in my Trinity hull along with the Waterdawg hood hook system in the front. Best of Both Worlds, right?

Great ski, Vogi! Super fun to ride!

As per Waterdawg they told me the hood lock system will only work with thier hoods/hulls.. ie: I asked about using one on a SXR - buying the lock setup from them/etc... just a FYI.. just reporting what was told to me..

Top Bottom