Super Jet Need help. Remove and replace couplers

Have a Yamaha 62t/61x. How to remove and replace stock couplers w Ada couplers. All parts out of boat at the moment. Any help will be appreciated

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Christian_83

Xscream
Heat the coupler on the engine, then the best thing is the make or get a 1/2" coupler tool, to put on your impact wrench.
You can lock the crank in flywheel side, but the risk is to turn the crank out of true/phase.
The couple on the mid shaft, you need a tool to put in the mid shaft axle and lock it. then same procedure or you can use a big breaker bar (nothing to turn out of true here)

Heat the coupler on the engine, then the best thing is the make or get a 1/2" coupler tool, to put on your impact wrench.
You can lock the crank in flywheel side, but the risk is to turn the crank out of true/phase.
The couple on the mid shaft, you need a tool to put in the mid shaft axle and lock it. then same procedure or you can use a big breaker bar (nothing to turn out of true here)
How do I stop the crank from turning while trying to remove?

Christian_83

Xscream
that depends on which tools you have at hand. If you have a flywheel lock, use that. Other methods wich i do not support using is, to put a thick rope in the spark plug hole of rear cylinder to "lock" the piston/crank. another is to put a big flat head screw driver the between flywheel ringgear and crank case to lock it.

SUPERJET-113

GASKETS FOR CHAMP BRAP!
I use anti-seize on my crank coupler end, makes popping them off with just a 1/2" impact so easy, but yeah ones that have been on for many years and with corrosion, etc can be a bitch for sure. You gotta have the coupler tool..

I'm about to do this same upgrade on my superjet. I will have access to the tool to put in the oem couplers but how do you stop the midshaft from spinning? I can do this with the midshaft installed or remove it from the ski as I'm going to be taking it off to re-check pump alignment.

I'm about to do this same upgrade on my superjet. I will have access to the tool to put in the oem couplers but how do you stop the midshaft from spinning? I can do this with the midshaft installed or remove it from the ski as I'm going to be taking it off to re-check pump alignment.

Use the splines of an old driveshaft clamped in a vise to hold mid shaft while you replace the coupler, impact gun works good with the coupler tool..

Jetmaniac sells both tools if needed

Top Bottom