Not open for further replies.

Shonuff

I've got the glow
Site Supporter
For all you GIL haters!!!

I like Jeff
I like alot of Jeff's product
I agree Jeff is a smart guy

Jeff has GOT to learn to follow through!!! His lack of follow through puts him in the same category as some other wannabe business men that have been here and are no long gone!!! (and this is a crying dam shame).

Don't tell me it's on the shelf boxed up and ready to go and then forget to ship it for 3-5 weeks!!! That is my only problem with Jeff!!!

Say what you want but Gil's right on the money.

SJ Thumpa

SJ THUMPA
really? the carbon reacts with aluminum?????

YUP, eats it for lunch, dinner and a late night snack.

you shoulda seen the bottom of my brand new Monkey Grips after a season of sitting on carbon, INCREDIBLE!!! It like electrics too. T/L + Carbon backer plate + salt equals DAYAMMMMIT!!!!!! I learned the hard way LOL.

So reallly RIVERRAT, The prepreg has issues with paint / clear?

Sorry a bit off topic.........So if you,ve got a carbon hull or carbon re-inforcing you should use a barrier (gasket, plastic or rubber grommets) to keep it away from aluminium, eg: through hull fittings, engine mount/ midshaft/pump bolt backing plates etc?? If so, how do the hull builders protect them??

Last edited:
Sorry a bit off topic.........So if you,ve got a carbon hull or carbon re-inforcing you should use a barrier (gasket, plastic or rubber grommets) to keep it away from aluminium, eg: through hull fittings, engine mount/ midshaft/pump bolt backing plates etc?? If so, how do the hull builders protect them??

we were talking abouit that yesterday at lunch...seems a bit of nylon between the alu and carbon might be a good idea

sjetrider

615 Freeriders are addicted to T1 madness.

With aluminum fittings and so forth YES. There is usually a resin barrier of sorts. But if you drill thru that or the motor mounts ect. wear through that at all you will have issues.
Carbon reacts with Aluminum period and it is also conductive of electrics which enhances this issue.

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few
With aluminum fittings and so forth YES. There is usually a resin barrier of sorts. But if you drill thru that or the motor mounts ect. wear through that at all you will have issues.
Carbon reacts with Aluminum period and it is also conductive of electrics which enhances this issue.

Brian, I am NOT diggin here, but truly trying to get edumacated bout carbon hulls. Crammit does not seem to have this issue. Is it because Sergio builds up alot of resin at the points where aluminum will come in contact? If so, seems like that COULD be a easy fix. Take your new carbon hull and add some resin to the high wear areas. Am I on the right track? How's Dylan doing?

snowxr

V watch your daughters V
Hmm, my carbon hull is 10 years old now, and the aluminum parts show no signs of decay (not even the aluminum bulkhead). Lucky, I guess.

i have one of these hulls on order. along with a 927 BB
as fare as price goes, i don't know what the final bill will be but i guarantee it will be worth every penny.
so as of now i can not speak as to what the new hull will retail for.

i stop by Jeff's shop ounce in a while. and when i told him i was going to buy another manufacturers hull he asked who's? so i told him. He was honest with his input and i respect that. He suggested i buy an envy and move the pole mount forward and shorten the hull if thats what i wanted. about a week later i stopped by the shop and he was in the process of making a plug for a new hull. at first glance the ski looks like an envy on a diet (not as tall or long). the pole mount has been moved forward about 8" (I'm guessing). the nose section is quite different from an envy.
from the front of the hood seal area back is basically the same, with slight changes to the tray area and style lines. the bottom deck is an envy with the pump mounting area changed to better accommodate the yami 144 pump.
the hood has been lowered about 2-3" (I'm guessing)
the front of the bottom deck has an added feature to help keep the nose up when ridding surf and on approach of setup wake.
from what i saw today the plugs have about a days work left before he can start on the molds.
the mold for the bottom deck is finished

so to sum it up it should ride like a light weight envy with an added features for both surf and flat water freestyle.

the handle pole will be much closer to the front of the ski thus allowing better leverage and control of the hull.

from what i have seen Jeff is getting this new hull project done in a remarkable amount of time no doubt working late to get this new product out for the public.

when he does officially release the new hull i suspect it will really show Jeff's talent and prove ounce again that WDK makes some of the best products available.

vitaly

Анархия - мать порядка!
i have one of these hulls on order. along with a 927 BB
as fare as price goes, i don't know what the final bill will be but i guarantee it will be worth every penny.
so as of now i can not speak as to what the new hull will retail for.

i stop by Jeff's shop ounce in a while. and when i told him i was going to buy another manufacturers hull he asked who's? so i told him. He was honest with his input and i respect that. He suggested i buy an envy and move the pole mount forward and shorten the hull if thats what i wanted. about a week later i stopped by the shop and he was in the process of making a plug for a new hull. at first glance the ski looks like an envy on a diet (not as tall or long). the pole mount has been moved forward about 8" (I'm guessing). the nose section is quite different from an envy.
from the front of the hood seal area back is basically the same, with slight changes to the tray area and style lines. the bottom deck is an envy with the pump mounting area changed to better accommodate the yami 144 pump.
the hood has been lowered about 2-3" (I'm guessing)
the front of the bottom deck has an added feature to help keep the nose up when ridding surf and on approach of setup wake.
from what i saw today the plugs have about a days work left before he can start on the molds.
the mold for the bottom deck is finished

so to sum it up it should ride like a light weight envy with an added features for both surf and flat water freestyle.

the handle pole will be much closer to the front of the ski thus allowing better leverage and control of the hull.

from what i have seen Jeff is getting this new hull project done in a remarkable amount of time no doubt working late to get this new product out for the public.

when he does officially release the new hull i suspect it will really show Jeff's talent and prove ounce again that WDK makes some of the best products available.

Quoted for the history.

To all the haters: yes, carbon can and will eat your aluminum.
It will also rape your sister and kill your dog. :shocked:

RiverRat

So it's going to be just like the Lenzi and Nickwad hulls? That's what it sounds like to me.

No......far from it actually. SXR based but this will be the best all around hull out there. He pretty much trimmed the fat off a ENVY, gave it pole adjustably, lower profile and some other nice touches I won't get into.

This hull will do everything. Recessed handlepole and wide hood for hood tricks, low profile for excellent rotation, pole bracket can be moved forward for additional leverage and control, shorter over all length removes excess and weight while also helping with backflips. SXR hood seal for added hood strength/stability, SXR pump tunnel for greater efficiency ......but you can bolt in a yamaha 144mm pump or the sxr set up.

It is right in-between a q8/lenzi hull and a Rickter as far as length. He has listened to allot of feedback from riders around the world as well as his own likes/dislikes from his years of experience. I have seen this hull and there really is not a bad angle on it. As far as looks, it is the nicest ski I have seen. I know the performance will be spot on as well b/c the bottom is already a proven design.

Last edited:

chriselmore_1

high on resin
im kinda stoked. i rode an envy a few weeks ago and really liked. this might be better... plus his hulls are pretty reasonably priced. bob is deff out of the question for me. i just cant see that hull doing well in the surf at all for the average rider...

Scorn800

Ride for life
No......far from it actually. SXR based but this will be the best all around hull out there. He pretty much trimmed the fat off a ENVY, gave it pole adjustably, lower profile and some other nice touches I won't get into.

This hull will do everything. Recessed handlepole and wide hood for hood tricks, low profile for excellent rotation, pole bracket can be moved forward for additional leverage and control, shorter over all length removes excess and weight while also helping with backflips. SXR hood seal for added hood strength/stability, SXR pump tunnel for greater efficiency ......but you can bolt in a yamaha 144mm pump or the sxr set up.

It is right in-between a q8/lenzi hull and a Rickter as far as length. He has listened to allot of feedback from riders around the world as well as his own likes/dislikes from his years of experience. I have seen this hull and there really is not a bad angle on it. As far as looks, it is the nicest ski I have seen. I know the performance will be spot on as well b/c the bottom is already a proven design.

Dude how many years have you been wdk mouthpeice?:pancake:
How many years have you waited for stuff?:shocked:
When is your new hull suppose to showing up? :ugh2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom