Nova-Tec Carbs 46's or 48's

Yo,

I'm running a set of Nova-Tec 48's at the moment but have to give them back to the owner, they have made such a big difference i want to buy my own. After some opinions on what to go for. I run a Dasa 950 stoker motor. 46's or 48's witch would be the best option?

Any help on jetting size and spring weight would be appreciated also.

Thanks

That big of a motor, 48’s for sure. Try and keep your total jet around 260 for a 900 set up. I run a 140 low, 120 high on my 900 with 48’s. Maybe 130/130 also. Don’t be afraid of being upside down as the big motors like fuel down low. Not sure what spring to recommend. If your going to run two pumps or a remote single pump. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jcary85

Site Supporter
Most people run a 2.5/115g or 2.3/95g. That’s needle seat size and spring. Either one should result in the same 21psi pop off. This assumes you are running pretty standard aftermarket flame arrestors. Don’t forget a 60 return jet in your return line when setting them up. The novis have drilled returns so you need the jet to maintain fuel pressure correctly. This also allows you to dial in fuel pressure if needed. Most common jetting starting point I’d say is 135P/125M. Good luck!

Top Bottom