Polaris based freestyle cylenders/typed kits

VXSXH20

Sionis Industries
unless you are looking to build a stroker motor with gas valves and sled cylinders.. There are not a lot of options for the domestic twin Polaris. You can use the 70mm crankshaft that came in the octane and the same 800-1200 cylinder jugs. They can be ported and improved by a few engine builders still around. if you are looking for OEM style cylinder of the liberty 800cc sled. the 85-R stamped cyl is a rare sight-Triple exhaust port and nikasil from the factory. Millennium coatings and US Chrome used to have some but I have not checked in a few years. Good luck getting ahold of EME, Wait in line only to be told they no longer sell parts to support that platform or you have to buy a whole new engine package. Watcon.com Randy got out of the Polaris side years ago and sold the business. The Crankshop Vermont used to have cast cylinder stroker kits.

Thanks guys I really appreciate it. I've been looking around, there certainly isn't much available for water craft cylenders at all. Looks like I could use some xc 800 big bore sled cylenders with a 70mm octane crank I guess. just seems like a lot of machining to the top case and probly some fly cutting to get the port timing low and close. I'd have to make some adapter plate for a am lay down pipe manifold to fit. I question how my cooling would work too with the sled cylenders. I'd like exzost valves as well. The 62t and gp800 stuff is looking a lot easier just a bit expensive for me.

https://bikemanperformance.com/axys-900-big-bore-engine-kit.html

5bd9a6c49b481236d562ecd57734244e.jpg
35abfddeef0eabd99d7010a18c1e4227.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Already did that long before TPE. Speedysproket on here runs it. Crankshop cylinders on his octane bottom. A ton of work and then you'll need an exhaust manifold, and that's another issue. It's a lot more than you think, and it's not the lightest engine.

VXSXH20

Sionis Industries
There is way more to it than this ^kit you posted above... none of that is bolt on and go. There are so many other mechanical factors at stake. As well as you still need to build the water cooling element and adapt exhaust system.

Looks like for the price of those big bore cylinders you could have a complete tpe964 short block right? Or are you talking about getting big bore sled cylinders elsewhere? Gp800 is just a bore job away from power valves and 866-992cc depending on how far you go

Yeah I definitely know none of it is bolt on and go lol. I do have a bit of engine machining experience. Those wer just examples. I appreciate the warning tho. I have a cuple nice liberty bottom ends and was hoping there were more am cylenders options around for them. I'm realizing the liberty might not be the most for my money. Probly just keep them as spair bottoms for my octane I guess.

Before I ask this, I'm not trying to infringe on Eric's desinge at all. I personally think it's the best cast and transfer port design ever made on a set of jugs for 62ts. I'm just on a budget and know just enuf to be dangerous. And have read David Simon's Bible too many times probly. Soo Eric if you're reading this spud needs some pt templates and I won't tell nobody lol.

Soo... Hypothetically if I had some broken tpe 964 cylenders and a mached tpe 964 piston Could i get my exzost and intake port timing close enuf buy decking and porting my case and ex ports? I know there is much more finesse to this but wer learning lol. I can do the epoxy, case boring and decking my self. And I could probably afford some tpe 964 cylenders, pistons and head. I can turn my domes as well. I wouldn't know where to get some tho. So if anyone can answer my port Timeing question that would be cool and any leeds o. Who's doing tpe now would be cool too.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Already did that long before TPE. Speedysproket on here runs it. Crankshop cylinders on his octane bottom. A ton of work and then you'll need an exhaust manifold, and that's another issue. It's a lot more than you think, and it's not the lightest engine.
the 800 two cylinder in my EME was longer than a kawi 900. By several inches.

Like this? PSI performance used to make them, but getting parts is a pain. When I took this picture, the engine was fresh and never fired. I have now started it and put probably 45 minutes on it. Still trying to dial it in. It uses an adapter plate and a heavily ported powerfactor manifold to line up with the polaris ports.

Attachments

• 20201213_180742.jpg
    20201213_180742.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 52
@G-Body ,. I personally took those molds out of their storage in the attic and threw them out. I was looking for the molds of the Riva Red Pipe (also thrown out) and came across the PSI molds. They were no longer worth anything and in the way. That was a huge motor, you should have seen the triple.

@G-Body ,. I personally took those molds out of their storage in the attic and threw them out. I was looking for the molds of the Riva Red Pipe (also thrown out) and came across the PSI molds. They were no longer worth anything and in the way. That was a huge motor, you should have seen the triple.
Psi had a few difference cyl spacings from what I've seen with the Polaris based twins. Did they have a poo based spread bore triple as well? I can only image they would to use their big boy cylinders on. But then again I did sell a spread bore twin case to a guy who wanted it for a triple project, so maybe they never actually made patterns for it? Would have seemed more logical to just find a triple case, if it existed

@egbrig well thats sad. I kinda figured there was no chance of replacing these cylinders if anything ever happened, why were they no longer worth anything? Damaged, or just no market? Any idea how many watercraft motors they made? I didn`t find much info on them. Only a couple of people seem to have seen the watercraft engines. The snowmobile version seems to be much more common.

@OtherDonnieGuy I know PSI made polaris based motors and arctic cat based 2 and 3 cylinder motors. I haven`t heard of sea doo based motors from them.

PSI owed on them and to the foundry- why make them when they were inferior to the other cylinders. I've seen one or two watercraft versions over the years but they never really did anything. I must have read the PSI site write up two dozen times so seeing them in person, I was kind of awe, but no, there were better out there so just another no use mold.

Top Bottom