Polaris guys..Whats this Hurricane motor worth?

I've got a 700 Polaris Hurricane motor..Needs new rod and piston. Crank spins freely and the case did not get busted when rod went. Not exactly sure how the dealer broke the rod..this is the way I bought the ski. Cylinders look good and so do the domes. Only thing it would not come with is carbs. and Electrical box-Everything else included.

I've never sold one of these motors so dont know what they are worth. Thanks for the help.

snowxr

V watch your daughters V
Not worth a lot. It's pretty much a core motor for a couch. If you want to sell the electrical I know someone who would buy them for spares, but the rest isn't worth a lot.

Last edited:
Not worth a lot. It's pretty much a core motor for a couch. If you want to see the electrical I know someone who would buy them for spares, but the rest isn't worth a lot.

Sorta figured that. Just wanted to check before I tried selling it as a core. PM me an offer on the electrical box..I was mainly just holding onto everything until summer again when stuff starts selling for top dollar again.

Hey Mr.Nightrider I did get a golf cart.. I am needing something to power it. I am looking for simple air cooled or a complete setup with radiator and all. Anything with more than 11 HP would be a consideration.

Polaris motor.

Since most people think it's worthles, contact me directly and I will make you a decent offer for it.. I would need photos first.. You can get the crankshaft rebuilt if you choose to keep it.. wcc@watcon.com

Thanks,
Randy

Since most people think it's worthles, contact me directly and I will make you a decent offer for it.. I would need photos first.. You can get the crankshaft rebuilt if you choose to keep it.. wcc@watcon.com

Thanks,
Randy

Randy..not a problem. I will get you an email in a bit. The only thing its missing is a few of the head bolts. The head had been pulled by the dealer and they didn't give me the bolts. Gotta locate my cable for my camera.

To those that have PM'ed me about this motor...I sold the cylinders and heads for more than what most were offering for the whole motor. Still have good cases and possibly a rebuild able crank.

A mod could delete this thread if wanted. I never meant for this to be a classifieds thread.

Top Bottom