Protec pipe chamber question.

Hi guys,i'm buying a protec pipe with stainless chamber and want to know if there's room to move the chamber forward another 2 inches for extra tuned length.I want to weld an extra piece on the coupler end to achieve this but i don't have any photos to see if the outlet will hit the tank.Cheers.126785739_10160738320328438_6297770908058403850_o.jpg

smoofers

Rockin' the SQUARE!!!!
Site Supporter
Those are great pipes. I had one on the 650 in my SJ before I swapped in a 701. Definitely woke up the 650 and sounded super throaty.

You should have plenty of room. This is my old protec that I wish i still had, but you can see its substantially longer than the one you have pictured. Screenshot_20180128-214132.jpg

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

Mine looked like this. Previous owner added 1.75" in the area shown in the picture, but never felt the power of the pipe without the extra legnth, can't comment if it is worth the trouble or not. What I do know is that at the time I paid $175 for the complete pipe and it was awesome. When I swapped it for a b-pipe, I would have said yes the b-pipe had better low end and better hit.. But pound for pound, the protec was great. Especially considering people sell used b-pipes for $1100 now.

Not sure how you would run the factory mounting point if you extended outward unless you cut and welded on a new tab. Something to think about.

protec.png

Try lowering the pump load, first bore the nozzle then flatten the impeller. Making the pipe longer will reduce power and thrust.

Mine looked like this. Previous owner added 1.75" in the area shown in the picture, but never felt the power of the pipe without the extra legnth, can't comment if it is worth the trouble or not. What I do know is that at the time I paid $175 for the complete pipe and it was awesome. When I swapped it for a b-pipe, I would have said yes the b-pipe had better low end and better hit.. But pound for pound, the protec was great. Especially considering people sell used b-pipes for $1100 now.

Not sure how you would run the factory mounting point if you extended outward unless you cut and welded on a new tab. Something to think about.

View attachment 404917
If I could find that pipe again I'd sell my b pipe for it. Had the early model head pipe on it with adjustable water screws like a FP head pipe.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

The most pleasurable driveline i have ever had was a stock 6m6, protec exhaust (black cast chamber) and bored nozzle by jetworks with an "A" prop.

Now hear me out I am not talking about freestyle skis but 701 level superjets and surf skis. I did have the pleasure of blipping around on a 900r once (that was cool)

But that little 650 in that driveline had unreal low end and midrange, not in the sense that it ripped your arms off but that it was always there and predictably.

I've since long moved on and actually kind of regret it as it was such a fun set up. It was fun to watch guys try it and watch them go "oh...Oh ok!...sweet" lol

smoofers

Rockin' the SQUARE!!!!
Site Supporter
The most pleasurable driveline i have ever had was a stock 6m6, protec exhaust (black cast chamber) and bored nozzle by jetworks with an "A" prop.

Now hear me out I am not talking about freestyle skis but 701 level superjets and surf skis. I did have the pleasure of blipping around on a 900r once (that was cool)

But that little 650 in that driveline had unreal low end and midrange, not in the sense that it ripped your arms off but that it was always there and predictably.

I've since long moved on and actually kind of regret it as it was such a fun set up. It was fun to watch guys try it and watch them go "oh...Oh ok!...sweet" lol
I had a similar 6m6 setup that I'd describe the same way. Protec stainless chamber, enhancer, RAD flywheel. It ripped for a 650.

Top Bottom