Other PWC oil is gone...

Sanoman

thecolorpurple
Standup engines never have to deal with heat long enough to need a high temp detergent. Thats why outboard oil is generally best. A stock seadoo makes as much power as our hottest engines and runs WOT for the whole tank, they need an aircooled spec.

Appreciate your opinion.At least l'm using the right oil.l never used the oil before until l got the XS motor and chucky said to run ouiksilver.Always used maxima super m in everything else l owned.

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
Standup engines never have to deal with heat long enough to need a high temp detergent. Thats why outboard oil is generally best. A stock seadoo makes as much power as our hottest engines and runs WOT for the whole tank, they need an aircooled spec.

Actually Seadoo runs the injection oil through a set of brass gears that drive the rotary valve, this requires a friction modifier in the oil regular outboard oils do not have it thus the different spec.

FlightPlanDan

Don'tTrustAfartAfter50
I don't know this to be true.

But I've been told in the past that if you switch from a natural oil to a synthetic oil you may experience an "adjustment period".
Where your motor has to get used to the synthetic. No Damage. Out with the old in with the new. But it may run a bit funny during this period.

Again, this is old info...(circa 1989)

Might not be true these days.

I have same issue, for last 3months I'm using Mobile1 but suddenly stoped in the Market after that I tried Focus for once and I purchased 30x1Ltr. It's working well with me. 350mm/5gal. I agree with you it's hard to get marine oil this days.

swapmeet

Brotastic
I've been buying Lucas synthetic oil at the local O'rileys. Haven't heard anyone mention it.

I haven't been riding this year yet, but normally don't have an issue getting it. I'll have to look soon.

Top Bottom