ramping the fingers 62t

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
V- force threes come with stuffers. They can also be removed you can run with or with out. Every one has their own choice. I have not found a situation where they have made more power. I would be keen to hear of your results when you do take them out and try.
Why run them in a set well they are plastic and it would cost about 5 cents to make them. Some people love them some don't I guess they appeal to a bigger market

MikeyB

H2O-Addict®
For the people that claim using them makes more power, I would be curious to see where in the RPM range that power is seen. I don't have enough insight into the topic to know whats really going on, but if it increases peak power by a few hp but kills the power band then for my application I would say throw them in the trash. If your holding it to the bar all day long and want a smoother power band then maybe they would have their place?

Yea I didn't quite get that one either but it must be a good thing! A angry monkey with missing foreskin would be pretty wild!

Ya that guy was pretty excited about his 600 trail sled! Lol It really just confirms that you can't be certain either way that with or without stuffers is good or bad in every set up. If you buy the newest force 3 reeds you have options. I'm not sure about monkey's n foreskin but I want to be wound up about a change for the better like that guy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

most all the a/m reed companies,have some sort of "stufferish" down sizing built into the reed case compared to stock,look inside v force,full spec rad valves,arts m16 cages,they all are necking down to increase air flow to some degree. adding a extra spacer filler would give you different results with carbs with higher signal than lower signal, good example would be the new 49 fs carbs being necked down under the venturi to much smaller than a fs 48. also a motor with smaller cc vs a huge cc motor flows considerably diff. The slow change over to larger pipes going on is also drastically increasing crankcase pressure and speeding up flow through transfers if setup to scavenge properly where power is desired in the rpm range,another reason manual water injection is happening more and more.

Some are even putting the reeds further into the cases to increase crank case pressure,or imho just to be diff or to maintain relations between brands.wonder how long those reeds willl last. To the orig ops point... On large motors with big water injected pipes,would anyone would feel the diff between ramped epoxied intakes,and good fingered transfer tunnel port job..........?

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Yeah your right on the pump. The jet unit is about 60% efficient. Any time you can pick up efficiency there your on a win. The jet sprint guys will say 1% pump gain is equal to 10% engine power

Any good write ups out there on getting more efficiency out of the pump? I have mine blue printed and the veins sharped on the ends. Just noticed an increase in hook up.

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
Think of it this way. When you reduce the crank case area so there is less volume then pressure may be higher but it drops quicker than a larger cases that has a lower pressure but doesn't drop pressure so fast. This is why people are not,reducing case volume any more and why reed spacers are a good thing.

Im not sure what reeds you are talking about master blaster where they neck down other than boysen and they make less power than v-force
V-force of course go to a point at the tip of the reed petal if that why you mean but look at the area size before that it's huge. Rinaldi reeds are the same

really all that is needed with most reeds out there. ^

compared to this at stock,flow is where to go

although most large intakes made for 48s only have this large a opening anyway,I see the point of why most are necked down to port match. But if you account for the cross bars and smaller opening plate in the Vf its still substancially smaller than stock

ive tried them all with most brands of carbs,large port tunnels make a much more dramatic diff,but you can see that none of them are anywhere close to as large as stock,Side note,the stock cages with carbon tech reeds and any of these reed stuffers actually work pretty well and last a very long time. Its easy to see the way stock reeds are made why stuffers make sense in them.they are way larger than the intake port size to begin with.

Last edited:
Top Bottom