Reg# Placement & Font

Shifty

- SuperJet Thursday -
My new superjet is getting dropped off tomorrow and I was going to get some TX #'s made up at the sign shop. From the picture I have seen it looks as if there is no where to put them with all the graphics. Are the graphics the same as the older RN's? Does anyone have some picture of thier decal placement on a similar ski? Also what font would compliment the factor graphics kit the best? I wont have it registered until next week and I want to be as legal as possible, since I cant afford a ticket now.

Thanks for the input

Wolf Child

Just Another Octard
My new superjet is getting dropped off tomorrow and I was going to get some TX #'s made up at the sign shop. From the picture I have seen it looks as if there is no where to put them with all the graphics. Are the graphics the same as the older RN's? Does anyone have some picture of thier decal placement on a similar ski? Also what font would compliment the factor graphics kit the best? I wont have it registered until next week and I want to be as legal as possible, since I cant afford a ticket now.

Thanks for the input

put them inside the hood :icon16:

You'll probably have to put the numbers over the decals. Or ( if its legal ) put them on the sides of your pole. As far as i know, the roundnose decals are all basically the same design, but the colors change of both the hull and decals through the years.

Shifty

- SuperJet Thursday -
Yeah I have been to Exotic Signs site, I just figured there were some fonts people may know about that work well with the "Extreme" Zig Zags that come stock. I will certainly be removing those gaudy WARNING stickers in short order.

azreark1

Live Free and Ride Hard
yeah i'm pretty sure numbers on the pole are legal here in TX, had them like that on my 440 and 550 and never had a problem, and i even got stopped a few times(game warden seemed to think that no wake zone means i cant do a fountain or tailstand either...) haha

#ZERO

Beach Bum
Personal watercraft (pwc) registration symbols must be:

• Displayed on both sides.

• At least 3 inches high.

• Legible from at least 100 feet.

• Clearly visible in a contrasting color to the craft

• Easily seen while the craft is underway.

• The registration label must be displayed on the port (left) side of the craft adjacent to the registration symbols.

Shifty

- SuperJet Thursday -
Thankfully I dont have to spend much time in the no wake zone. I guess I could put them up on the top of the hood, they can see them whin I make turns... They aren't too strict around here but there is one guy that chaps my a** . I would rather not cover up any graphics because I am anal about overlapping stickers.

The Penguin

triple secret probation
when you get your stickers, there will be a diagram on the pull-off backing that shows the number spacing, and where the registration sticker must go.

follow that spacing exactly as they can use that as a reason to ticket you if you don't. That came straight from a jerk-off LEO at Lake Travis last year.

Shifty

- SuperJet Thursday -
The only other ski I had to put these on was one of yamaslut's blaster. It was all blue and no graphics so placement was easy. I just want to keep it as uncluttered as possible, but staying within the law will be difficult with that mindset.

azreark1

Live Free and Ride Hard
not in TX - unless he wants a ticket.

#'s on the pole wont work either? i know the reg sticker below the bondline wont work because its under water too much of the time but like i said i've never had a problem with pole stickers...but i guess maybe nobody up there knew or cared...

Odd Duck

Jet Vet
#'s on the pole wont work either? i know the reg sticker below the bondline wont work because its under water too much of the time but like i said i've never had a problem with pole stickers...but i guess maybe nobody up there knew or cared...

It all depends on how much that want to jack with you. We've had them "mention" that numbers on the hood is not legal and suggest we change that but no ticket (it's a "removable part" of the boat). I don't remember if the back of the sticker specifically says a "non-removable" part of the boat, but the LEO did. We've had peeps with numbers on the pole that got "mentioned" but no ticket for on the pole or for on hood.

It would be an excuse to ticket and another charge to slap on if they wanted to be a d1ck about something else, but we've not had issues from it. Just a mention at random beach checks and the obligatory stop on the first ride of the year. (Hmm, which we didn't get this year, now that I think about it.)

The Penguin

triple secret probation
#'s on pole probably won't work, even on stock poles.

the #'s end up rolling over the top, or under the pole so that they aren't completely visible, and that's where they get you.

750SX

DO IT
I'm from Pa. My numbers are going on the pole, and if they have a problem with that....................

I guess I'm going to get a ticket.

Top Bottom