RN 701 B pipe carb settings(noob)

Hi!

Sorry, i have been reading but cant find the answer im looking for.

I got hooked on standup last summer, borrowed one from a friend, and three days later i bought my own:)

Its a 2003 RN, stock

I got a hold of a b pipe a few weeks ago and in the process of installing it.

As far as i can tell the engine is stock, when i opened the carbs i got this settings:

Carb 1
Main jet 142
Pilot (no numbers, stock?)
High speed: 1 1/4 turn out
Low speed: 1 1/2 turn out

Carb 2
Main jet 142
Pilot (no numbers, stock?)
Highspeed: 1 1/2 turn out
Low speed: 1 1/2 turn out

this is what i have changed:

I have replaced the main jetts with 135

also adjusted high speed to 1/2 turn out and low speed to 1 1/4 turn out on both carbs.

basicly the settings factory b recomends.

But will this work?? My superjet was running good stock, always started right away and no problems..

Now im putting tune pipe on and on top of that giving it less fuel compared to stock settings?

Will it work?

Appreciate any reply!

Best Regards,

Mike W

Infidel
The number is in the side of the pilot jet. It’s hard to see sometimes so I use a magnifying glass. 70 is stock. FP only recommends going up to 135 main so you’re good. Adjust both carbs the same. Then adjust accordingly by reading the plugs. But honestly you really won’t have to on a stock ski like yours.
L/S 1 1/4 turns out
H/S 1 1/2 turns out

Ah! Im a moron..

I read the b pipe manual, and for some reason i misread the high speed setting.. see pic.

I thought that meant 1/2 turn, but off course 1 1/2 turn.

So i turn high speed to 1 1/2 turn out and hope for the best!

Appreciate the reply:)

Screenshot_20210508_182008_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Not sure why FP can’t correct that. But yes, those settings should be very close. All you really have to do is set the idle.
Do you have any recommendations compared to stock? Before b pipe the idle was good, never died, and not to high.

What is typically changing with b pipe? Do i need to turn idle up or down compared to stock?

This forum is awesome! Would never made it without it

Best Regards,

Mike W

Infidel
That’s pretty much all you have to change is the main jet and be safe. You are probably going to have to adjust the idle speed and a slight adjustment on the low speed adjusters to get it to idle smooth. One thing I always do is turn all four adjusters until they stop. Then mark the adjusters and the carb with a white paint marker. That way you know where you’re at on each adjuster.

Top Bottom