Rockered SJ, looking for pics and info

This hull was past around our circle for a few years before everyone went to aftermarket hulls. The angle of rocker on this one was matched to a rickter fs1. Blowsion destroyers and a wide tray were then added.
I personally love riding rockered superjets in the surf. If your willing to put in the work it's worth it.

@SanoWK I really like your new hull.I had my eyes on that one. You should post some video up when you get it together.

Attachments

• IMAG0322.jpg
    IMAG0322.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 150
  • IMAG0343.jpg
    IMAG0343.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 143
  • 20121029_123840.jpg
    20121029_123840.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 137
  • imagejpeg_0_5.jpg
    imagejpeg_0_5.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 130
Late to the party apparently lol. I rockered, shortened, widened the tray and rails on my SJ last summer (http://www.x-h2o.com/index.php?thre...ete-rebuild-shorten-and-rocker.158734/page-11). Post-ride thoughts: Amazing in every single aspect except one; keep the rocker conservative or put on a splash shield. Mine blasts me in the face so much I'm gonna make a lip to screw on to stop the splashing. Mine is rockered so aggressively that every wake I hit it nearly forces me to do a 180 nose stab or attempt a back flip lol (key word attempt). Jumping wakes straight across is not that easy anymore :p

simofx-1

freeride
^^ i notice your footholds are really far forward, if you stood further back in the tray it would put less pressure on the nose, what are your thoghts on this

^^ i notice your footholds are really far forward, if you stood further back in the tray it would put less pressure on the nose, what are your thoghts on this
Honestly I wouldn't want my feet further back, it rides nose high as it is. The only time I get splashed is when I hit waves (quite often in our sport lol). If the water is flat and I'm cruising there's no splashing.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Is there much benefit to rocker it for mainly flat water and boat wakes? I'm gonna shorten mine and I'm debating on rockering it while I'm at it..
Well it depends what kind of riding you do. For freestyle its without a doubt a phenomenal mod. You'll get way more height off wakes and when coming into a v wake you're ski will less likely dive into the wake, keeps the nose out of the water. The only downside like I listed are some splashing and its much harder to just jump wakes and land heading the same direction. You'll tend to land nose to the sky (or on your back if you use too much throttle and weren't expecting it like I was lol). On the other hand it makes doing 180 nose stabs amazing, as well as easier back flips if that's where you want to go.

Yea that's what I've heard, helps it go up the wave better, and about the face splashing I've been thinking about building a splash guard all the way around like the factory bond line to help with that. But all in all it sounds like it's a worth while mod while I have it all stripped apart

I am super happy I rockered mine. Not only is it functional but rockers look awesome. I'm definitely making a splash shield to screw to my front form annoyance, so I would recommend you do something as well.

Yea I'm definitely gonna build in some sort of splash guard, Carterb gen 3(i think) have them built in, would be nice to get one of those.. It not I'll build my own from the nose cut off

I've got the carter 3rd Gen it still splashes. It's just a part of ridin rockered skis even with a bond line you still get sprayed..
I was worried about that lol. There's times when I'm riding and it seemed like it splashes the water so far out in front of you that there's no way to block it. I'm just hoping a small one will reduce the amount of low speed splashing.

I was worried about that lol. There's times when I'm riding and it seemed like it splashes the water so far out in front of you that there's no way to block it. I'm just hoping a small one will reduce the amount of low speed splashing.

just read your whole build thread..you put in a crazy amount of work! gave me a bunch of ideas when i start digging into mine. curious about moving the foot holds forward though, did you find you liked it more forward or back in the stock(ish) spot? i know when you shorten them they will ride nose high so it helps to keep your weight forward.

just read your whole build thread..you put in a crazy amount of work! gave me a bunch of ideas when i start digging into mine. curious about moving the foot holds forward though, did you find you liked it more forward or back in the stock(ish) spot? i know when you shorten them they will ride nose high so it helps to keep your weight forward.
Ya man it was literally 10x the work I expected lol. But well worth it! I purposely brought the footholds forward because I was worried that it would ride crazy nose high. And too be honest it's hard to say how I like them forward compared to further back, all I can say is it still rides a little nose high but I can also go WOT across a lake and it doesn't tend to Bob up and down like some hulls. As for maneuverability I really like having my feet a tad further forward, I feel like it puts your center of mass closer to that of the skis and it makes it easier to rotate the ski in certain directions. Keep in mind I could be imagining some of this but needless to say I will never go back to a stock sj hull ever again... It is seriously 100 times more fun to ride. Carves like surfboard with the widened rails, more height off wakes, not to mention 35lbs lighter than my stock hull. One thing I'd like to point out though, I think a huge factor to the maneuverability is the fact that I moved the pole forward like 4-5 inches in combination with a short handle pole. Sorry for the rant lol. Good luck with your build! I wanna see pics as you progress!

Yea that's true you moved your pole forward.. I'm not gonna get to carried away with moving the pole but i think I'm gonna move my foot holds forward a few inches to get me centered better after i chop the back off. I also wanna chop the middle out of the gunwales and move them forward to match the bottom as well and leave the deck out the back. And with the rocker I'm gonna keep the stock bond line all the way around and fill the nose to match, will be a little bit more work but i think ill like it more in the long run to help with the face splashing lol

Top Bottom