Ryobi high pressure inflator review

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!

I use a lot of Ryobi stuff. Their big sell is that have the most tools. I have quite a number of them. Most work good, a few great, a few I would not recommend.

One I have gotten recently and I think is a good tool for the money is the high pressure inflator. $25. I don't know if it would work out for filling a truck tire but it is great for the kids bikes and things like that. I also use it to fill the helper bags in my Silverado and the digital gauge is much easier to use than over-inflating with the bike pump and then bleeding it back down with a gauge.

Specifically for us though is that this thing is great for our beach carts. This will fill a tire on my bigfoot beach cart from flat to useable in under a minute. I used to carry a bike pump and this is much smaller and easy to use. It's also 1/3 the price of my specialized bike pump (not including the battery) so I care less about it getting broken. I think it is worth a consideration for guys using beach carts. My biggest issue with my cart tires has been the corrosion causing the valve stem to leak.

If you don't use ryobi, but have another big brand, you can buy adapters pretty inexpensive. I have never used one given that I have Ryobi batteries so I can not say anything about adapter performance.

Last edited:

Magnum Mike

Site Supporter
I have the same Ryobi inflator. My only complaint is there is no safety or on/off switch (just a trigger.) If you leave the battery installed and throw it in the back of the car or in a box of other items it will start running as items shift and move around. I try to pull the battery when done but I've had to pull over a few times after it started running after going around a corner in the car.

Not bad for occasional use, but a little slow like most cheap cigarette ones for car tires. On the subject of inflators this thing is the bees knees for whatever inflatables you have. We have a couple that paid for themselves ($17 when I bought) for air mattresses when camping and rafts for the boat.1634931995993.jpeg

smoofers

Rockin' the SQUARE!!!!
Site Supporter
Not bad for occasional use, but a little slow like most cheap cigarette ones for car tires. On the subject of inflators this thing is the bees knees for whatever inflatables you have. We have a couple that paid for themselves ($17 when I bought) for air mattresses when camping and rafts for the boat.View attachment 418274
I bought one of these this summer for the kids' pool. It is an AMAZING little inflator.

CHRISRACERX

Get Wet

I use a lot of Ryobi stuff. Their big sell is that have the most tools. I have quite a number of them. Most work good, a few great, a few I would not recommend.

One I have gotten recently and I think is a good tool for the money is the high pressure inflator. $25. I don't know if it would work out for filling a truck tire but it is great for the kids bikes and things like that. I also use it to fill the helper bags in my Silverado and the digital gauge is much easier to use than over-inflating with the bike pump and then bleeding it back down with a gauge.

Specifically for us though is that this thing is great for our beach carts. This will fill a tire on my bigfoot beach cart from flat to useable in under a minute. I used to carry a bike pump and this is much smaller and easy to use. It's also 1/3 the price of my specialized bike pump (not including the battery) so I care less about it getting broken. I think it is worth a consideration for guys using beach carts. My biggest issue with my cart tires has been the corrosion causing the valve stem to leak.

If you don't use ryobi, but have another big brand, you can buy adapters pretty inexpensive. I have never used one given that I have Ryobi batteries so I can not say anything about adapter performance.
I have one of these. It works great. I use it to check my bike and trailer tires all the time. Worked pretty good to blow up some pool toys too.

Top Bottom