Ski Inside Hatchback

871ada3542f0b28170b449a644f422f5.gif

I have fit on separate occasions a 550 SX and a SN in my 2008 Saab 9-3 wagon. Not an inch to spare with the SN, but it fit! Guy I bought it from thought I was crazy and was taking pics of it in my car.

chixwithtrix

Addicted
It fits, Matrix hauler maiden was yesterday. Three ratchet straps to the unibody kept it unmoving. I unloaded it by myself with little effort and two people could load it back in on the ramp.

20170523_213426.jpg

20170524_164115.jpg

20170524_164235.jpg

Thought I’d revive an old thread.

A deal popped up (1991 Superjet hull, minus engine, for $20) at short notice so I had to act fast. Tossed it into the back of my 2010 Subaru Forester with a bit of room to spare. I had to take it REALLY easy on corners as it wasn’t strapped down in any way. Made it safely home.

Did I mention I scored a Superjet hull (with alloy pole) for $20?

Attachments

• 2509E7BE-B365-4838-9AE9-59251321A4FC.jpeg
    2509E7BE-B365-4838-9AE9-59251321A4FC.jpeg
    138.1 KB · Views: 52
  • FA5B5FF8-70BC-4F1F-A2B0-3F42B72A2173.jpeg
    FA5B5FF8-70BC-4F1F-A2B0-3F42B72A2173.jpeg
    106.6 KB · Views: 52
Thought I’d revive an old thread.

A deal popped up (1991 Superjet hull, minus engine, for $20) at short notice so I had to act fast. Tossed it into the back of my 2010 Subaru Forester with a bit of room to spare. I had to take it REALLY easy on corners as it wasn’t strapped down in any way. Made it safely home.

Did I mention I scored a Superjet hull (with alloy pole) for $20?

WHAT A DEAL!!! When I first looked at the picture, I couldn't figure out why the hull was on the left side (driver's side) of the car, but then I looked and noticed that you're in Australia where there are right hand drive vehicles, and then it made sense. When a deal pops up, you've got to jump on it right away!

They probably think the same about you!!!

Haha, I never tried to haul any of mine in a car. I did take a Honda XR650R apart, put it in the backseat and trunk of an old Ford Taurus and drove it to my friend's place in Virginia from NY and we reassembled it and rode it that day. But no, around this area they're too busy not paying attention to anything else so they're just running their machines up on the shore and getting thrown off, crashing into each other or into the side of boats, or dumping themselves and their passengers off when they're going too fast for the conditions of the lake.

Here's a picture of another way to haul a machine.......it's not 100% a water vehicle, but rather an amphibious ATV. A guy named Amphiman1 brought his 6 wheel amphibious ATV home like this.

gypsea23.jpg

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Haha, I never tried to haul any of mine in a car. I did take a Honda XR650R apart, put it in the backseat and trunk of an old Ford Taurus and drove it to my friend's place in Virginia from NY and we reassembled it and rode it that day. But no, around this area they're too busy not paying attention to anything else so they're just running their machines up on the shore and getting thrown off, crashing into each other or into the side of boats, or dumping themselves and their passengers off when they're going too fast for the conditions of the lake.

Here's a picture of another way to haul a machine.......it's not 100% a water vehicle, but rather an amphibious ATV. A guy named Amphiman1 brought his 6 wheel amphibious ATV home like this.

gypsea23.jpg
That is nuts

There are plenty of good couch riders out there that love their sport as much as we do.

Yes that's absolutely true. I just don't see very many in this area though.

The 6 wheel AATV on the roof is pretty crazy. This thread reminds me of the back page of Autoweek magazine when they used to have "Moving Miscues" with people carrying crazy loads on their cars, trucks, bikes, etc.

Top Bottom