Custom/Hybrid So After Reading Trinity Questions

I have a feeling those vendors also pay for that.

It was very hard to get some of the companies that regularly post here to advertise back when I ran banners for that, at only $25/month. It wasn't worth the effort of contacting them on my part.

One other option I've thought of is a donation from people that sell something here of maybe $1. $1 won't kill anyone, but when hundreds of items are sold here monthly, it would more than cover fees and allow us to do more fun stuff like stickers/t-shirts/etc.

I agree. I don't know how hard it is to run a website like this. I think a little donation for selling products could be a could idea $1 won't hurt anyone. People will complain. but they will soon get over it. And can probably live with one less item off the dollar menu.:bananajump:

Mark44

Katie's Boss
All vendors must post in a special section when selling goods and to gain access to this section required a monthly fee. I believe this fee should be a lot more that $25 a month, more like $75 to $100.

Do you know how much PWC charges for banners?

Remember this is free advertising in a special market.

Mark44

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
All vendors must post in a special section when selling goods and to gain access to this section required a monthly fee. I believe this fee should be a lot more that $25 a month, more like $75 to $100.

Do you know how much PWC charges for banners?

Remember this is free advertising in a special market.

Mark44

PWC banners are free.

THRUST

ThrustInnovations.com
i dont think you would have any vendors selling their parts for 100 a month .at least my self i f i make $100 a month profit from this site that would be great . but then your prices would go up and in the end you would be paying as the consumer .but i think a dollar or two for each listing would be good but pwctoday is free and so are there ads you just have to post 1 per week . so then no one would sell on the x and the site would slowly go down .

WaveDemon

I find that hard to believe that pwc today does not sell advertising space.

Mark44
its true, it's free to any PWC business that doesn't remanufacture engines.

that whole site is an advertisement for them. I'd bet they write it off. It might be difficult to sell advertising space on your write off.

Last edited:

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
This is so far off topic, but ...

pwctoday's banners are free, though they are really smushed in with SBT's ads, and there are sooo many that you don't get a lot of exposure plus it's not targeted to any kind of market. ex: pwcindustries' brake lights might be shown on the racing or freestyle forums. Zero benefit there.

I wouldn't make it a rule that you have to donate $1/item, but a suggestion to help us out. I know some stuff sells for maybe $5 and when someone is parting out a ski, there might be 30 items sold.

It's just a thought I've had before and revisit it periodically.

Mark44

Katie's Boss
o

i dont think you would have any vendors selling their parts for 100 a month .at least my self i f i make $100 a month profit from this site that would be great . but then your prices would go up and in the end you would be paying as the consumer .but i think a dollar or two for each listing would be good but pwctoday is free and so are there ads you just have to post 1 per week . so then no one would sell on the x and the site would slowly go down .

I don't think the site would slowly go down they don't pay anything now and the admins keep it running for them for free.

IMO

Yep all advertising is passed onto the consumer we do the same thing here at my engineering office so does Wal-Mart and McDonalds.

THRUST

ThrustInnovations.com
keep in mind what goes around comes around . there also forums which charge members an intial 5 or 10 sign up fee to join per year . also there are ones that charge the consumer to ask the pros ?s like $3 per question . really i think we should forget about the greed and just enjoy what we have . host more freerides and take a percentage from there and at the same time all your vendors that you want to pay are also supporting your events and freerides . incase alot of you dont know there is only a few companies that are actually making some good money out there . the rest of us are just getting by . so if you want the sport to grow support your vendors you know personally or would like to build your relationship and things will get cheaper and more products will be available .

THRUST

ThrustInnovations.com
I don't think the site would slowly go down they don't pay anything now and the admins keep it running for them for free.

IMO

Yep all advertising is passed onto the consumer we do the same thing here at my engineering office so does Wal-Mart and McDonalds.

i support a few events each year to what i can afford and often more . i would bet that 50% of the people would at least post there for sale stuff on pwctoday rather than here if they got charged . i myself would pay because i prefer the x and the stand-up generation . do what you must i will stay with the x . also alot of posters that were here 2 years ago are not here why

I have. I also had the opportunity to break down the laminate schedule. I know how the ski is put together. I could give you the exact laminate count, weight, weave style and core info. I'm sorry to come across so harsh I call it as I see it. I'm just as critical of myself if not more than the companies mentioned. I feel there should be a higher standard on products that people spend money on.

all of this must've taken place after our conversation then!
and i'm not picking on your product as i've yet to see it in person but as a professional you should refrain from criticizing other manufacturer's output.
let the customer do that instead.
if a product is deficient,it will surely come up on this board or elsewhere.

Mark44

Katie's Boss
If I was a vendor I would probably say the same thing. LOL I don't think I would call it greed though.

I look at it as paying for a service they once receive for free. Its always an issue when you have to pay for something you use to get for free thats human nature.

I just don't like to see the admins try to support this site when they don't get anything out of it and other people do.

Mark44

Last edited:
how bout a tier based donation....

5-10-25....maybe a 25 dollar donation gets you a T shirt or whatever

if you want to sell you must be a "silver" member etc etc...you get the point

Last edited:

WaveDemon

all of this must've taken place after our conversation then!
and i'm not picking on your product as i've yet to see it in person but as a professional you should refrain from criticizing other manufacturer's output.
let the customer do that instead.
if a product is deficient,it will surely come up on this board or elsewhere.

the funny thing to me is you don't hear about that many failures from anyone. you don't hear about any failures at all from ski's that aren't "2 minute" hulls. If you have to criticize a product based on how it's put together and not on it's performance then maybe it's not that big of a deal.

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few
i support a few events each year to what i can afford and often more . i would bet that 50% of the people would at least post there for sale stuff on pwctoday rather than here if they got charged . i myself would pay because i prefer the x and the stand-up generation . do what you must i will stay with the x . also alot of posters that were here 2 years ago are not here why

I can vouche for Brian's support. He sent me to Tupelo with a case of T-shirts to be passed out and gift certificates for 1st time AM competitors!
Steve from Watercraft Factory and Paul Lehr did the same with gift certificates/entry fee's. These 3 guys do support the sport at the comps.

Mark44

Katie's Boss
o

I can vouche for Brian's support. He sent me to Tupelo with a case of T-shirts to be passed out and gift certificates for 1st time AM competitors!
Steve from Watercraft Factory and Paul Lehr did the same with gift certificates/entry fee's. These 3 guys do support the sport at the comps.

Thats cool but I was talking about this site.

See new thread on this topic.

Mark44

Big Kahuna

Administrator
one of the Mountain Bike forums I go to actually charge members to place for sale ads. Not but like a buck or two.

Top Bottom