Stock yamaha exhaust breakdown

They are really just drying out the waterbox. Backpressure is needed with tuned pipes but it throttles power otherwise. Its hard to make a stock SJ exhaust freer flowing enough without making a lot of noise.

LOL Quinc Are we beating a Dead Horse again?

One more time.: ALL Yamaha Wave Runner 2 Stroke Engines came with OEM DRY Pipes from the Factory; from the first 500 cc Engine, to the 650, 700, 760, 800, 1100, 1200 and 1300.

And none of them came with "Air Vents".

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Site Supporter
LOL Quinc Are we beating a Dead Horse again?

One more time.: ALL Yamaha Wave Runner 2 Stroke Engines came with OEM DRY Pipes from the Factory; from the first 500 cc Engine, to the 650, 700, 760, 800, 1100, 1200 and 1300.

And none of them came with "Air Vents".

I tagged you because he mentions your name in the video.

I hadn't realized that Go Kart Guy had made a 2nd Video...

I appreciate his acknowledgements but I'd much rather be right about something more complicated than the fact that all Yamaha 2 Stroke PWC Pipes were of the Dry Pipe Design.

The 1/8 Hose 'tween Head and Chamber primary purpose is for Stinger Cooling while the Chamber fills with Water. It was not designed as an Air Vent or a Vacuum Breaker although it can act as such. The Cooling System is OPEN to Atmosphere at several places: Pump Cooling Inlet, Outboard Bypasses and Exhaust Outlet.

At any rate, in this Sport, it's better to be Right for the Wrong Reasons. As long as your Ski is fast and reliable, does it really matter if one really knows the exact Science of why the Hull handles better or the Engine is a Banshee. Most of the fast Skis were built on real world testing. The Science is just way too complicated and time-consuming.

So Hats off to all the Engine Builders that put a Smile on our Faces when we pull the Throttle.

`
Gas Fluid Dynamics, Thermodynamics, and Heat & Mass Transfer Analysis and Computation is simple??????
Trying to accurately predict an outcome can be difficult. Learn the basics and get some experience. Mechanics are easy, fluids more abstract.

Top Bottom