Surfriding Surf motivated Superfreak build

Full length....interesting.....I actually think I might want full length in the surf. I hate boats that ride nose high. I like to grab the throttle and move forward not have the nose point skyward (unless of course I want it too)

Aircraftsalz

Thrust built Dasa Power
Just got back from Daytona, Rode Tem's surf hull. Really nice surf conditions, still big 4-6ft sets rolling in with glass....

New hull rides great, will turn on a dime, surf the face of the wave like a surf board.. I was riding 4ft + faces on the vertical wall & the ski just holds.. Hard to explain...

Ripped a nice big backflip, (I got to be the first one to flip it, hahaha ) Hit a big face at the right time, no trim 1-1/2 & didn't even try.... The double will be so easy on this ski... Tem & Bill said is was big....... tighten up the footholds, swap that prop Tem & its on....

After riding this in the surf I'm going to have no choice but to order a glass version for the surf...

McDog

Other Administrator
Staff member
I thought it was rough gelcoat. That's what Gregg's looked like anyway. Needed to be primed and painted.

Of course Tem can do that for you too. His Superfreak website is back up with all the info on prices.

Very happy with the surf test ,had great conditions and the best surf ride of my life ! Bill ,Chris and Josh were going off. Josh did a HUGE slow mo 1 1/2 back with no trim.

Attachments

• daytona ski on beach nov 025.jpg
    daytona ski on beach nov 025.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 165
  • daytona ski on beach nov 019.jpg
    daytona ski on beach nov 019.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 121
  • daytona ski on beach nov 017.jpg
    daytona ski on beach nov 017.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 109
  • daytona ski on beach nov 028.jpg
    daytona ski on beach nov 028.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 141
Here's a few photos later on when the tide and wind came up . It was super clean it the morning ,got a little tube ride

Attachments

• DSC_0043.jpg
    DSC_0043.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 69
  • DSC_0020.jpg
    DSC_0020.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 59
  • DSC_0031.jpg
    DSC_0031.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 63
  • DSC_0002.jpg
    DSC_0002.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC_0046.jpg
    DSC_0046.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 84
  • DSC_0152.jpg
    DSC_0152.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC_0030.jpg
    DSC_0030.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 59
  • DSC_0015.jpg
    DSC_0015.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 56
how do you guys measure the surf ?? where i grew up that 2-3 foot as we measure from the back of the wave .

just curious as a 6 foot wave had about 12-14 foot face

by the way the surf looks great nice and clean i bet you had a ball on the Ski very nice build

Last edited:

NVJAY775

My home away from home.
There's a lot of cool innovations going on with that hull. And I like it. Not only does it look good, but you can just tell from looking at it, that it's going to be a great ride. If my wife didn't work graveyard shift, I'd get her to go to work on the corner at night and get me some Berky bucks.

Top Bottom