Surfriding Surf motivated Superfreak build

That ski is stock length from the fire wall back, is a Florida surf laminate (under 25' ceiling) weighs 211 lbs with 3" of fuel in a stock tank and a XM pole . The hull shape works with light weigh and doesn't feel flighty.

Attachments

• daytona ski on beach nov 005.jpg
    daytona ski on beach nov 005.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 157
  • daytona ski on beach nov 003.jpg
    daytona ski on beach nov 003.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 110
  • daytona ski on beach nov 001.jpg
    daytona ski on beach nov 001.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 111

AtomicPunk

Lifetime bans are AWESOME
Site Supporter
That ski is stock length from the fire wall back, is a Florida surf laminate (under 25' ceiling) weighs 211 lbs with 3" of fuel in a stock tank and a XM pole . The hull shape works with light weigh and doesn't feel flighty.

that might be the key in the surf, stock length. there was some talk of the lighter skis getting pushed around in the surf. maybe it was primarily because they were shortened?

nice hull Tem.

Aircraftsalz

Thrust built Dasa Power
You would never know riding this ski its that light, it feels just like a normal ski... Well until you flip it & your picked up on Radar, lol

This ski rocks... Tem was riding up the faces 4-6ft 180 at the top and dropping right back in.... You can really see Tem's surf back ground when he rides....

Big props Tem!!!!

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Got a short surf ride on it yesterday!, before a little battery failure, dammit.

This hull is both stable yet can be loose and is super fun in the surf! I predict that new surf tricks will be possible on this ski with more ride time.

This is the lightest ski I have ever ridden, but it has some innovations in hull design that allows it to ride like a much heavier ski would. This may sound confusing. I have ridden a lightweight superfreak in the surf for a year now, but this new 'badazz' hull rides completely different. I still love mine but it is much harder to ride especially in the surf.

The new Maniac inspired front foothold is awesome. Wider, deeper, and taller-I can't wait for mine.

Josh's first backy on the badazz was super huge and 1 1/2 rotation!

Last edited:
I think it's a -2" pole but the bracket is plus 5", it's just a touch short on the stock length hull for me ,I'm 6'1 ish

sjetrider

615 Freeriders are addicted to T1 madness.
I love this hull, looks to have all the right modifications. Would love to try one out. The wings on the back (for lack of better term) bondline aughta make for some sweet handling when slashing. Full lenght surprises me.
Any guess as to the possible weight of an glass / epoxy bagged hull?
just curious as I cant afford the carbon unit LOL.
Specs
2010 BADASS

Length: 79"-84.5"
Bottom deck from fire wall back Custom lengths availabe stock to - 5.5
Width: 28.4
Weight:
Carbon ski 45-62lbs (55lbs recommended for flat water)
Glass ski 75-88lbs

Carbon Pole 6.5-7lbs

no need to guess now.

Last edited:

kraqus

Site Supporter
that might be the key in the surf, stock length. there was some talk of the lighter skis getting pushed around in the surf. maybe it was primarily because they were shortened?

nice hull Tem.

I agree with that, specially for big guys (I am 200lbs+)

Quick question Berky,
Will all main components from a Superjet fit into a Superfreak hull?

Benny

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
I agree with that, specially for big guys (I am 200lbs+)

Quick question Berky,
Will all main components from a Superjet fit into a Superfreak hull?

Benny

Yes, like matt_e said.

I have been riding a stock length freak for about a year now and love it:
http://www.x-h2o.com/threads/67821-JETMANIAC-s-Superfreak-59lb.-Daytona-Build&highlight=jetmaniac

Edit: starting looking at my thread and see that you posted several times in it...lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom