Sxr 800 or Sxr 1500...

I flipped through the pages and couldn't find any good answers. I already own a 98 Pro but it's for my 12 year old. I'm looking for another ski. It'll be used for lake riding, jumping and just playing around on. I'm 50 yrs old and 240#. I can tear it up still pretty good on our 750 though at my age. Lol

So how about it , 800 or 1500 for me? Thoughts/pros/cons? Thx TS

bird

walking on water
Site Supporter
If you're used to a 750, I'd go with the 800. I love my SXR 800. Great for buoys, freeride, and surf. I rode the 1500 and it's just so much bigger and heavier. It pulls like a sport bike, smooth and constant than towards the end it winds out. It's weight keeps it going when you let off the throttle, nothing like an 1100 SXR.

Try to find other riders and ask to try both.

Yeah I'm leaning towards the 800. My Pro is raced out with mods and is a monster. But I would like something a bit more stable and smidge bigger like the 800 for me. Sounds like the 1500 is just another 4 stroke pontoon boat. Lol 1500 riders sound off here. ;)

long beach local

long beach local
They are EXTREMELY STABLE AND SUPER FAST just ride one for awhile like 20 minutes or more get the hang of it, they are freakin awesome !!! sure there big and and heavy but you will get over that quick as you pass any other standup like they were standing still .. you can mod them easily and cheap all they need is some handling goodies like rear sponsons and a handlepole. Unless you are a expert+ racer you wont want or need to remap it. I wouldnt go backwards with an 800 Go Foreward technology is such a wonderful thing.

long beach local

long beach local
Forgot to mention . They come with a Warranty too. You ride in fresh water it will last forever and runs on 87 octane. Thats all I can think of right now. I dont ride anything Kawi either just my experience ..Peace

forgo the 1500.
great for chasing buoys and decently fast but very boring for casual fun riding.it does not jump wakes,doesn't slide and just plows through waves.racing only or just casual cruising.
800 is much more fun and nimble,not as fast but more playful in the waves and still able to do more tricks.
the 1500 is really like a couch with a handlepole bolted to it.

I think I've decided.... I think I'm just gonna sell my 98 750 modded Pro and pick up 2 clean stock 800's for my boy and I. Less headache with worrying about crap breaking on 750 etc. and the Pro just eats too much damn gas the way it's set up. And that little azz tank they put in it! Lol

bird

walking on water
Site Supporter
I get about 50 minutes of riding hard, just over an hour of casual riding my SXR before I hit reserve. It usually takes about 3.5 gallons to fill it up at that point. Mostly stock, just a head and flywheel.

Dude I've got both and I can tell you if your just lake cruising or want to tear up a set of bouys get the 1500, hands down a corner carving missile that will water your eyes on top end. If you plan on surf riding and just want to play get the 800. but i'll tell you after riding a 1500 the 800 is a TURD as far as speed is concerned.

Thanx for the tip Stoffa. I already have a raced out 98 Pro that I can't even ride at top speed now! lol I've got no desire to race bouys or go 100 mph on a standup. I like jumping and racing around chasing my kids on the sitdown Seadoo at a local lake. Tight turns, whipping around etc.

Top Bottom