The New Team Bill "Outlaw" Hull

we decided to build another new hull. this one buy far will be the best one. we made it a good bit shorter and a hair wider. there are a couple other mods we did to it like moving the pole forward and changing the pitch of the nose. the best part of the new hull is that it will use a superjet hood. so you can use you old hoods and still have that nice size opening into the engine compartment to work on it unlike some other hull that have a smaller opening. we just layed up the first two bottom decks and once trimed they weighed 14.5lb and beause of the new carbon core materials used to lay up these hulls there will be no need for any reinforcements. so we are estimating the hulls will weigh around 45lb to 50lb

Attachments

• hull 1.jpg
    hull 1.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 589
  • hull 2.jpg
    hull 2.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 416
  • hull 3.jpg
    hull 3.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 490
  • hull 4.jpg
    hull 4.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 728
  • hull 5.jpg
    hull 5.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 526

chad

I pretty much love beer
Site Supporter
Wow that looks great , the weight keeps coming off these skis !.

Love the gas cap on the bulkhead . will this be for the scupper?? I thought about this when I did mine , but I wanted it to sit lower than it would allow.

re

yes that what its for. me and billy are putting two scuppers in the first two hulls with the gas caps. its perfect for when your out on the lake and want to just tie off to the boat and dont want to worry about it taking on water.

chad

I pretty much love beer
Site Supporter
Cool !
are you worried about it being to high off the bottom of the hull??

I installed mine on the exterior

Attachments

• IMG_3978.jpg
    IMG_3978.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 332
the force of the water going back into the bulkhead when you hit the gas and the angle of the ski when the nose is up should allow the water to go up that lip and right out and with two of them that water will be gone before the nose even comes down

Big Kahuna

Administrator
the force of the water going back into the bulkhead when you hit the gas and the angle of the ski when the nose is up should allow the water to go up that lip and right out and with two of them that water will be gone before the nose even comes down

Not exactly. I thought the same thing on my first install. Had it up about the same height. I can tell you on my current hull, the tubes are actually conformed to the bottom of the hull and the water flows out much faster.

Top Bottom