The Waternut Stunt hull build

Waternut

Customizing addict
No I had to. I had to shave some of the hull on the inside to make it fit but I didn't touch anything on the rear bulkhead. Didn't even put adhesive back there. Just mounted flush with the chines and the rear bulkhead and assumed that was sufficient.

Waternut

Customizing addict
90 pounds without the hood! I hope your scale is wrong. That upsets me greatly.

I know the feeling. We'll see for certain once it's all together since I weighed my flatdeck at 300lbs last season using the same setup I plan to use this time. I better not be going through all of this for only 25lbs.

DR3

Xscream Braaaap
this is getting worse everyday :17:

i def know the feeling though.. went through that and more with my waterlogged kustoms and that was suppost to be RTR... just keep at it and get it done right!!

you will be much happier in the end knowing you didnt half arse anything..

and try and weigh that thing right and find out where shes really sittin :bigok:

Waternut

Customizing addict
I'm thinking side rear exhaust is going to be the way to go. This is an X2 side exhaust mount that I have laying around. What do you guys think of it and the location?

Attachments

• 03-12-10_1919.jpg
    03-12-10_1919.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 181

Waternut

Customizing addict
My hope is to attach the exhaust tube and inside fitting together and jam it back there. Then use the hole for the exhaust to attach the pieces together.

o ok i see what ur sayin. well when do u plan on getting this thing in the water? i plan on taking mine for a spin thursday if the lake is unfrozen, which i think it might already be.

Waternut

Customizing addict
The waterbox is a tight squeeze in the very front of the ski. The kart tank is in place and I mounted the SJ external fill spout just behind the pole. Now that the fill is outside, I'll have to be more careful on where fuel drips while I'm filling the tank so the paint doesn't get destroyed. The battery box is in place as well.

Attachments

• 100_7390.jpg
    100_7390.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 174
  • 100_7392.jpg
    100_7392.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 158

Waternut

Customizing addict
The tank is the one that has the strap. The waterbox is wedged in there so it can't go anywhere (I think) and turfed so when it vibrates, it won't wear the hull down.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I am curious how buoyant the hull is when all is said and done. I.E., is there enough buoyancy in such a small hull (without nose foam or pole foam) to keep the ski afloat when it is swamped?
May be worth a try at the ramp.

chad

I pretty much love beer
Site Supporter
That water box is tight , but looks like it fits well ..

as far as the gas tank .. I think Steve is recommending that you try to run a strap the opposite direction of the one that is pictured.

But if your external fill hose is ridgid enough, that may help hold it place.

Waternut

Customizing addict
I am curious how buoyant the hull is when all is said and done. I.E., is there enough buoyancy in such a small hull (without nose foam or pole foam) to keep the ski afloat when it is swamped?
May be worth a try at the ramp.

Well there is zero foam in this ski so there's no way it would float when swamped so I won't be doing any fountains or stuff like that.

as far as the gas tank .. I think Steve is recommending that you try to run a strap the opposite direction of the one that is pictured.

But if your external fill hose is ridgid enough, that may help hold it place.

The external fill isn't very rigid but unless the tube rips off, it can't go anywhere.

Waternut

Customizing addict
Here is a pic of the engine and battery installed. In addition you can see the ratchet strap mounts and the external fill for the fuel. Trying to figure out how I'm going to get the limited pipe chamber in there right now. I think it may require removing the head pipe and manifold...ugh.

One thing that I'm bailing on is the waterproof total loss box that I made over the winter. It worked great at Daytona but for 99% of riding, I'm in fresh water and that box just takes up way too much space and it's not exactly light either. On the SN it would chafe on the head pipe occasionally and in this hull it's already touching. I could probably trim it down or mount it lower but that's too much effort right now.

Attachments

• 100_7400.jpg
    100_7400.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 212
  • 100_7397.jpg
    100_7397.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Top Bottom