Times be changing....

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Earlier last week @SuperJETT contacted us saying it was time for him to move on. So moving forward it is just Jr. and Myself as site owners. We do have a member who has agreed to help us with the backend of the site for tech issues to keep things running smoothly. Will announce him at a future date if he wants to be known. Along with a few others who have been helping out for a while.

I want to give a big shout out to Darin for all his time and energy spent on this site to make it what it is. Hard to believe we are coming up on 15 years!

We all met over on PWCToday around 2000. I met Darin in person at "The Jam" in Nashville Tn in 2003. Then 3 years later when Rob Kennedy sold PWCToday Paul and Darin got to talking and said "It's time to start our own site. I showed up for the 2006 Daytona Freeride and Paul pulled me to the side (We had only personally met about a year before at the Riot Ride but had become friends from there) and said Darin and Myself are stating up a new website which will go live tomorrow and we would like you to be part of it........ Over the past 14 years we have had our ups and downs! But we have learned a lot about each other and our members. We feel we have a good balance for the site rules and setup.

Nothing is going to change moving forward with how the site is run. The Site is still funded from Member/Vendor Subscriptions and from Google Adsense. If you have been a site supporter in the past we want to thank you and ask that you keep doing so!!! If you are not and would like to, we would appreciate the help!! (But not required!). We will be looking at site layout, just see if there is anything to clean up, etc etc. If you have any ideas, post them up in Site info!! But again, nothing is changing. No, We are not going to let you come in and start saying "The part that bob is selling is junk, I know its junk because I sold it to him as junk and he just figured it out!!!!!!! LOL.

So, tell a story about Darin if you have one and/or give him a big thank you for his years of friendship and help to keep this site going!

Wow. It’s been a long time. I first met Darin through my buddy Matt/freestylegeek. We stopped in Louisville one year on the way to Daytona in an overloaded Suburban to pick him up.
Outstanding guy that may or may not actually be Mr. Bean for those of you that remember that show.
Thank you Jett!!

Mike W

Infidel
I only meet Darin once when I was stationed at Ft Campbell in Tennessee for about a year. I rode with the 615 crew for much of the summer of 2006 on the Cumberland River chasing around the General Jackson. He had (I believe) was an Octane or a SJ but it had SeaDoo decals on it. Being a noob it threw me off and took me a few to figure it out. He seemed like a cool guy.

Congrats on your new endeavor Harrison.

One tends to take sites like this for granted, but when you stop and think about it, there’s definitely a lot happening in the background to keep the whole show going.

As a refugee from PWC Today (that sadly turned into troll-central), I can definitely say I’ve enjoyed all my years as part of this forum, largely due to the quality of the Admin here. So, now seems to be a good time to give a heartfelt “thank you” to all those (past, present and future) who put in the time and effort to keep the “X” rolling along.

Cheers!

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
I only meet Darin once when I was stationed at Ft Campbell in Tennessee for about a year. I rode with the 615 crew for much of the summer of 2006 on the Cumberland River chasing around the General Jackson. He had (I believe) was an Octane or a SJ but it had SeaDoo decals on it. Being a noob it threw me off and took me a few to figure it out. He seemed like a cool guy.
Lol, it was a SJ painted similar to Polaris' race sitdowns and the Octane came out the following year with almost the same paint scheme, just a white bottom instead of black like mine. I was sponsored by a Polaris dealer so I had some OEM Polaris stickers on it and looked pretty good and fooled a TON of people over the years.

1609452858074.png
1609452949738.png

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
Wow. It’s been a long time. I first met Darin through my buddy Matt/freestylegeek. We stopped in Louisville one year on the way to Daytona in an overloaded Suburban to pick him up.
Outstanding guy that may or may not actually be Mr. Bean for those of you that remember that show.
Thank you Jett!!
That was definitely an epic trip in my memory bank. Here's the trailer and I think there was another ski under there?

1609453198166.png

Mike W

Infidel
Lol, it was a SJ painted similar to Polaris' race sitdowns and the Octane came out the following year with almost the same paint scheme, just a white bottom instead of black like mine. I was sponsored by a Polaris dealer so I had some OEM Polaris stickers on it and looked pretty good and fooled a TON of people over the years.

View attachment 405360
View attachment 405361

Haha. That’s right, now I remember. When I asked you how your Polaris rode you chuckled then schooled me on what it was.

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
I don't believe I have ever met you Darrin but I believe we all have you to thank for how well the forum has operated over the years. Sure, some of the upgrades were painful at times but very necessary and well worth it in the end. Your efforts were never in vain and always appreciated on my end, even if it didn't seem that way at times. I can't imagine what it takes to keep a site like this running smooth and I'm guessing neither does the person who's volunteered to take over, lol.

I don't have a story but I definitely remember hearing a few of you over the years...there's also a particular pic floating around.....:eek:

Never met Darin or any of the administrators, but i joined the site when i was 36 years old. i just turned 46. ive learned alot of free information on here. I just want to say thank you to the admins and the entire community here for your fellowship. Im always down to ride here in Texas.

link for site support please?

McDog

Other Administrator
Staff member
Never met Darin or any of the administrators, but i joined the site when i was 36 years old. i just turned 46. ive learned alot of free information on here. I just want to say thank you to the admins and the entire community here for your fellowship. Im always down to ride here in Texas.

Look for "account upgrades" on the main menu

Big Kahuna

Administrator

See Post above. working on getting account upgrade link working again.

Goldfishnado

Administrator
Staff member
Site Supporter
We do have a member who has agreed to help us with the backend of the site for tech issues to keep things running smoothly. Will announce him at a future date if he wants to be known.

Uh, hi guys... I guess this makes it official.

I can't imagine what it takes to keep a site like this running smooth and I'm guessing neither does the person who's volunteered to take over, lol.

I'm just going to keep clicking buttons until everything works.

I have never met Darrin in person, but we have talked over the years, and I consider him a friend. I have been here since the beginning, and I THANK YOU for all you have done here over the years.

Big K, and Jr, I have met, and I consider you two friends as well... And thanks for your work, and support.

Darrin, I wish you luck in the future.

Hello Rob K, been a long time.......

Zig

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Top of page " Home Forums What's New ACCOUNT UPGRADES" Click Account Upgrades.

Top Bottom