WB2 with Bpipe

Hello. I picked up a waveblaster 2 with a bpipe on it. it sat for some time. Im going through carbs and gas tank currently. When I opened up the carbs it appears that the jets and seat are not stock. I would like to know the stock jetting/seat and also recs for jetting and seat.

I have seen lots of different #'s in posts so far that vary greatly from the bpipe site.

Mine are as follows.
1996 Waveblaster 2, b pipe, 760 motor. carbs have the riva flame arrestors (Butterflies are still in)
110 main
120 pilot
seat 2.3
spring?
when I pulled carb apart these were the settings mag: L 1 7/8, H 1.5 PTO: L 1.75 H 1.5

Below are some of the settings I saw on the xh20 website and on the bpipe site.
1. 44's with 1.5 N/S 120 pilot and 135 main with a factory pipe

2. 760 WaveBlaster II / GP760 1997 Main Jet: 130 Front Carb / 132.5 Rear Carb Pilot Jet: 115 High Speed Screw: ½ turn Mag/1 turn PTO Low Speed Screw: 1 ½ turns out Needle & Seat: Stock Spring: Stock

3. 760/superjet
2.0 N/S
95G
100M
120P

depends on the pipe. When you say B pipe are you just call it that cause its from Factory pipe? Pick will help as even b pipes there are different ones. LTD, MOD then there B2 or Raider.

yamabro

GP Performance / Patterson Powersports
Factory pipe made those. RIVA offered and sold them with their testing and R&D and ons such as water injection.

Last edited:
Looks like someone tried reverse jetting for that pipe and probably for good reason. That motor with the oem carbs did not seem to like aftermarket pipes. Group K has a write up on their site regarding their attempt at jetting with a protec pipe. Basically group K could not keep that combination from doing a lean seize at mid range rpm without race gas. Also, there used to be an old thread on pwctoday from 15+ years ago from a well respected guy who tried that factory/riva pipe on a blaster 2. He ended up with the same mid-range lean seizure problem that group K had. His fix was different carbs, dual 38s or aftermarket dual 44s but not the oem 44s. The oem carbs are different than dual 44s you can buy out of a catalog from mikuni. I would suggest removing the cylinder on that engine to see if the rear cylinder is showing signs of lean seize. If it looks good I would try running that reverse jetting before going back to the suggested recommendations. I have that same pipe sitting in the garage. I have not ran it yet, but I have a set of dual 38s that I will try when I get around to installing it. For what it is worth the guy I got the pipe from was rebuilding his seized gp760 and wanted to go back to a stock pipe.

Last edited:

davidescu_radu

sea riders
any more info on this? I have modded a sj protec pipe for a b2 with zeel ignition and stock carbs with bigger jets and 700 62t head - ported cases - and was running ok - but used mostly on racing - means no time for mid range

Top Bottom