Weird issue, rides good then barely runs

Very frustrating problem: can’t figure it out

Ive taken my ski out a few times. Has a 61x in it. Bone stock from a wave runner.

First ride went great but ran out of gas and immediately rode like crap after filling back up
Would just sputter and had no power

Took it home cleaned out carb,as it was freshly rebuilt and saw some debree in filter. Thought that was it.

Next ride rode good for an hour or so then at wot would hit my chest on pole here and there as it lost power for a second. Tried adding fuel but nothing would help. Breakup got worse and worse until it was unridable and barely made it back to shore

Took carb apart again and exact same story. Rode ok next time with some breakups, chest hitting pole at wot but it still rode so I didn’t worry about it. But then got worse and worse until after an hour or so barely made it back to shore.

Does this sound electrical? Beyond just carb? Can’t imagine it’s the heat sensor as I would think that’s good or bad. Not make it ride worse as it goes on.

Sounds like you need fuel filters. Check your fuel/water separator for debris too. There's a chance your fuel lines need to be replaced, but it may just be debris in your fuel tank.

When you had the carb apart did you clean the filter on the fuel pump side? (was that the filter that had debri in it ?)

Attachments

• Capturexx.JPG
    Capturexx.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 7
Top Bottom