What are my fuel options?

I'm running a TPE 1200 at about 225 compression. Runs really good on a mix of 3 gallons 110 to 2 gallons 91. Noticeable lack in horsepower with straight 110. However my supply of 110 just ran out and I'm exploring fuel options. Availability pricing and performance obviously. Anybody running a similar setup have any input for me?

You can buy Sunoco at the pump @ Sonoma raceway on weekends. Let them know at main gate your getting fuel, they will let you in, past the gates you’ll see the station on right or ask them. I went to get 110 but only saw the 112 114 118 pump. 110 is the other pump lol.

Pay attention to the stoichiometric ratio of the Fuel you buy. It’s listed on the pump.

I accidentally bought 112 and it’s stoichiometric fuel ratio is 15 to 1 not 14.7 to 1 like pump gas 91

VP110 is 15.09
ERC 110 it what I was running and they closed in San Leandro. So I called Sunoco Tech line and they figured out if I need to go richer or leaner on 15/1 Sunoco.

You’ll have to tune your ski to your fuel when you settle on a new fuel if it’s stoichiometric ratio different than what you’re running now.

Edit: Sunoco 110 is 14.9 to 1

Also Ramos oil sells by 30 and 55 gallon drums, think they have a location in Sacramento

Last edited:

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Harbor, have you tried e85? One site I was reading said depending on the station it can be 51-85% alcohol and as high as 114 octane.
Stoichiometric is 9.8:1

No I have not. Josh and Zac talked about it and might have.

It absorbs water. I see they use it in high perf cars.

Race gas at the Sonoma pump was $9.98 a gallon. Last time I bought.

9.8 to 1 needs big azz jets ?

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
Av gas is the probably the most stable high octane fuel , some race , especially oxygenated race fuel loses octane the moment you pour it out of the stainless steel container into your fuel jug or tank , as you said E85 absorbs water so limited time you can use it as well plus I would think you would need to rejet to use E85.

E85 is to poor quality at the gasstation you would have to rejet every time riding bc the % of alcohol differs to much, oxygenated racefuels yes it works good but they loose quality fast, straight high octane fuels is the best route to go imo.

Top Bottom