WPS Featherweight battery took a dump, less than 60 days old

cgibso14

EME Aerial8 PHP
WPS does not offer manufacturer direct warranty via RMA number. You're apparently required to go through a dealer for warranty. Anyone able to assist with this? model HJTX20H-FP-IL charge indicator light quit working after two weeks, battery will no longer hold a charge, less than 60 days old. $175 battery, the only thing WPS is willing to do is offer a nearby dealer. The item was originally purchased on Amazon, and the seller is not responsive. Why should this baggage be put on the local dealer to handle R&R?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Kahuna

Administrator
They have their policy's for a reason..... Dealing with Amazon is not always the best. Good luck. Find a local dealer and have them handle it, then start spending some money at that dealer.

cgibso14

EME Aerial8 PHP
Thanks for your two pennies. Just because you're a moderator doesn't give you special privileges to share your opinion, where the rest of us are not allowed to do so without getting suspended.
Local dealer wasn't interested in helping. Therefore I'm reaching out here for help.

McDog

Other Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for your two pennies. Just because you're a moderator doesn't give you special privileges to share your opinion, where the rest of us are not allowed to do so without getting suspended.
Local dealer wasn't interested in helping. Therefore I'm reaching out here for help.

This is online forum. If everyone couldn't share their opinion the site wouldn't exist. Your statement makes no sense.

cgibso14

EME Aerial8 PHP
Another moderator with no helpful info!! Please stop post dumping.
Still looking for assistance if anyone has anything useful to share

Big Kahuna

Administrator
So at 2 weeks your indicator light stops working. Yet you wait until it dies at about 8 weeks to do something about it. You would think that when there was the first sign of a problem you would have contacted Amazon or whoever actually sent it to you through Amazon and say "Hey, I think something may be going wrong here.........

Oh, I have the exact same privilege as you do to post here....... You know what they say about opinions and ackholes. Everybody has one..........

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Another moderator with no helpful info!! Please stop post dumping.
Still looking for assistance if anyone has anything useful to share

Guess you do not understand how a message board works............. One person post something, another person replies..................... That is how this works. Just because someone replies does not make it post dumping......... and the only time we really worry about post dumping is if you were selling that broken down battery and McDog came in and said "Why are you trying to sell that POS broken battery that you knew had a problem at 2 weeks old"............. That would then be post dumping.............

Good luck, the only way you are going to get it replaced is to follow WPS's procedures, if your local dealer wont help, dont spend a dime there, and keep searching until you can find someone that will......... But keep in mind, you did not order through a dealer, you went through amazon. so, you might want to have a better attitude than you have shown here............

My wps battery is going on two years now the longest of any lithium ive had yet . Ever since i got a limitedslip gas tank they seem to be lasting longer ( batteries stay drier) thanks for a great product limitedslip.

I just returned one of these a week ago to the dealer I buy from, no questions asked and had a new battery the next day(wps is in my town). They do know some of these batteries are bad from sitting on shelves too long and have a good return policy. If you have a good dealer relationship you should be able to get something done.

Top Bottom