xscream 900ss height + help

Hey guys,
I am new to the xscream 900ss motors, could you guys post some pictures/ videos of how high you are popping with these stock stroke motors?
Coming from a 701 this is one hell of a powerful motor, but I do feel slightly disappointed at how much air time I am getting with it. This leads me to believe maybe my ski isn't set up properly.

Does anyone know the tuning specs for this motor? I have contacted xscream with no answer.
Basically looking for:
B PIPE tuning specs
Carb specs
Pump specs

Thanks guy

I think it was peter waldrons silver dvx that I rode at WF some years back. powerband was up real high so not much grunt off the bottom, but if you hit the setup wake with a bit of speed , I was impressed with the top end power and height I got. power was created at red line rpm. b pipe is going to sign off before the real power gets created. need a powerfactor for max rpm.
i'm gonna get beat up here for saying this , but if you throw a 135 pilot and a 125 main at any set of easy to tune carbs, you are going to be close. the higher the popoff, the bigger the pilot needs to be.
you need a smaller prop if you need the motor on redline before it creates power.

mr.fixitman760

if it aint broke, dont fix it
Here's all the info I received from XS when I first set up my SS900 with stock ignition (MSD enhancer) and XS modded 46s with boysen intake system and B-pipe:
Main: 115
Pilot: 137.5
N/S: 2.0
Spring: black
also double up the anti-siphon (the little clear flap on the back side of the kidney shaped plate that covers the jets)
recommend starting both mixtures screws at 1 1/2 and adjusting to your liking.

as for the pump, I had great results with my solas 144 non-setback mag and hooker 11/17, this was with an 80lb hull, the 9/15 spun a bit for me but 11/17 definitely added height. since then Ive moved to a Torrent setback 148 with a 10/15.

hornedogg79

dodgin' bass boats
Pfpipe
44 full specs
130 pilots
110 mains
2.0 needle 28psi pop
144 skat mag setback, c75 14/19 no cut back, stub cone
4degree static adavace, msd enhancer

Buzzard is on point too, this motor likes to make power up top. Not very torquey. So the pump can't be setup too tight. Let it rev.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Philip Clemmons

Owner, P&P Performance
Pfpipe
44 full specs
130 pilots
110 mains
2.0 needle 28psi pop
144 skat mag setback, c75 14/19 no cut back, stub cone
4degree static adavace, msd enhancer

Buzzard is on point too, this motor likes to make power up top. Not very torquey. So the pump can't be setup too tight. Let it rev.

Have you tried loosening the pump? That’s a big impeller, and it sounds tight.

You may try dropping pop off to 22-24, and maybe lower pilot too. Buzzards info is accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hornedogg79

dodgin' bass boats
Have you tried loosening the pump? That’s a big impeller, and it sounds tight.

You may try dropping pop off to 22-24, and maybe lower pilot too. Buzzards info is accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Phil! I agree, I had the impeller against the stator vanes in this video. I ended up spacing it back out 5mm. I tried a hooker 10/16 but it felt tight too. I like where it is now. Also devaned and bored my 65v nozzle to 86 since then. I'll have to get an updated video.

Edit: I highly doubt Peter Waldron had a stock stroke ski at world finals. A 900ss is half the cost of a 900rr.

Last edited:
Top Bottom