Octane yamaha motor in an octane

RMBC Freeride

Vintage
Site Supporter
Looking good for sure! It will ride differently (better), since it will weigh so much less and the engine will rev up quicker (and slow down quicker). Makes a huge difference in this hull!

I have a Wamilton's-built Octane that was setup for all Yamaha driveline components. By far the most fun Octane I have ridden - It's for sale if anyone reading this want's a turn-key "Yamalaris Octajet"! HERE: http://www.x-h2o.com/threads/87249-Wamiltons-Carbon-glass-Octane-Hull

Sorry for the threadjack ryan, but I thought I'd have a good audience here. :icon16:

Good luck on the project, awaiting the ride report!

what did you all have to change to make the yamaha motor work in the Octane? I am wanting to do this to mine. I have an 03' but am sick of always trying to find parts for it. the motor is in excellent shape and has never seen salt water, sunk, damaged in anyway, or even rebuilt. so if anyone is interested let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
there are a few ways to do this swap. you can use your motor plate from the octane and mount your yamaha motor in there with some cutting of the plate. or my way of removing the plates in the hull that the motor mounts bolt to. i had to as my plates were coming out anyway. so my boat is a yamaha only now.

Ryan, what about the drive shaft? Is it a straight swap or do you have to get a Yamaha drive shaft? also will the Octane carbs fit on the intake manifold of a 701? I am just starting to look into doing this, so i want all my ducks in a row before i go and do it.

there are a few ways to do this swap. you can use your motor plate from the octane and mount your yamaha motor in there with some cutting of the plate. or my way of removing the plates in the hull that the motor mounts bolt to. i had to as my plates were coming out anyway. so my boat is a yamaha only now.

i used the octane drive shaft but used a yamaha bearing housing. just because the polaris housing is a pile of crap. and very $$$$ . the only part i used off the octane motor was the pipe. thoses carbs just about use less.

so the Factory B pipe and the Octane waterbox will work with a 701?

i used the octane drive shaft but used a yamaha bearing housing. just because the polaris housing is a pile of crap. and very $$$$ . the only part i used off the octane motor was the pipe. thoses carbs just about use less.

that they do. 701 stuff is cheap for sure. the polaris motor can make so much more power then the sj with "bolt ons" it negates any ill notions of the extra 10lbs of the motor. if you have a umi coupler on your yami motor you can slam it in with only doing the motor mounts.

I agree with you and the power output you can get the Octane motor to have, but it is getting harder and harder to find parts and when you do they are pricey I am also wanting a reliable ski. I am thinking of before i get the 701 motor put in, ill have it bored and ill build it up a little. does anyone know the weight difference between a empty Octane hull, and an empty Superjet hull?

Top Bottom