Surfriding I've been Thrusted !!! :)

Just came in today ,I was looking into a TBM pump cone But I think this is what I needed , I always wanted a Mag pump :) just not the price and I already have a big hub prop, this pump is one of the final pieces to the'' Millenium Falcon'' LOL ! anyways .. thrust pump 001.jpgthrust pump 002.jpg Nice work By THRUST and at an affordable price .. I love business competition .

Its all about the surf!
Is this THRUSTs version of a Mag pump? Is it all SS or is it a SS liner pressed into an OEM Housing (Like a Skat)? How many different companies are making a Mag pump now? I only know of Skat and Solas.

Its all SS, as far as who is making mags , MAXX , Skat , both make a pump , the price is here : http://www.x-h2o.com/threads/102480-solas-12-vein-144mm-yamaha-pumps-stators-485 , I Dont have a skat to compare it to , but from what I can see, this thing has to offer the same results of any of the other mag made, It has a BIG HUB , and 12 THIN VEINS '' what else does it need ? , Like I said I was going to buy a $250 tbm to mask a stock pump but it would then be a $250 mask , I figure I can sell off my stock stator and a couple of unused props i have and that will more than pay for this mag pump that wont be sitting on the shelf like my spare props were ..... they made a quality piece IMO

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Is this THRUSTs version of a Mag pump? Is it all SS or is it a SS liner pressed into an OEM Housing (Like a Skat)? How many different companies are making a Mag pump now? I only know of Skat and Solas.

It is a Solas pump. It is all SS. Skat, Solas, and Maxx.

I'll have to measure the Skat vane length. I think they are shorter.
I did some reading .. http://www.skat-trak.com/magnum.html the 12 and the 14 vane are both 1 inch deep veins , these are the only pumps available to also be configured in the setback version ,the setback is a distance one inch if wanted, so i think this explains why they make them one inch long so you can have SB or non SB with the same stator section ! so this one inch of missing vein length in the skat is not for your benefit but theirs . So what I see is if
all the dimensions are the same in the maxx,skat and solas, as far as to let the flowable volume through the stator section be equal ,then I dont feel there is any difference in the pumps, except maybe the brand name ...... The one benefit with an all SS pump is you wont have to deal with swelling /and corrosion in salt water

Last edited:
weight of it compared to the others is the biggest thing i think.... and yeh being non setback, is there any advantage of buying a non setback besides driveshaft cost/quality and replacment?

I did some reading .. http://www.skat-trak.com/magnum.html the 12 and the 14 vane are both 1 inch deep veins , these are the only pumps available to also be configured in the setback version ,the setback is a distance one inch if wanted, so i think this explains why they make them one inch long so you can have SB or non SB with the same stator section ! so this one inch of missing vein length in the skat is not for your benefit but theirs . So what I see is if
all the dimensions are the same in the maxx,skat and solas, as far as to let the flowable volume through the stator section be equal ,then I dont feel there is any difference in the pumps, except maybe the brand name ...... The one benefit with an all SS pump is you wont have to deal with swelling /and corrosion in salt water

Im glad there are people like you that put a lot of thought into it. I just consulted with a buddy like yourself and just bought it because it was within my budget range. I mean for $500 you can't go wrong. Now this maybe the biggest performance gain for the money or very well close to. poop I mean a worx 201 intake grate is about half this! Or $85 more than the newly priced tubbies that are $400 now!!! :grumble:

Just got mine! Looks pretty sexy!

2011-11-14_17-51-45_181.jpg

Top Bottom