Freestyle Buyer Beware!! Fake aka Counterfeit ADA head being produced and sold!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Recently a customer sent us an 'ADA' girdled head kit for install on his new BB motor we are building. I immediately noticed some weirdness and started comparing it to another ADA head.

-ADA racing(old style) logo looked like wrong font and tilted over style and spacing

-No date code on head shell

-Spark plug threads looked rough

-packaging different

-hose fittings different, etc., etc.

029.jpg 030.jpg 032.jpg

Head was sent to ADA and confirmed to be a fake!!

This is bad. Besides the illegal use of ada's name, products, and reputation, what is the tolerance for domes, squish, etc.

If customer has installed this head on his new motor himself, it could have been big trouble!!

This is the seller on pwctoday- user name kcr357

This really pisses me off!!

Last edited:

Aquaholic

World's Oldest Teenager
That's pretty wild! Forgeries and cheap, imitation, knockoff sh*t is prevalent in all forms of consumer goods. But, this is the first that I've heard of for aftermarket Watercraft components.

You should consider a second carrer in detective work!

Thats a remarkable amount of effort to copy something in such a niche market. This might also be a perfect example of why you should buy your parts from a reputable seller for retail cost instead of saving a few bucks at some place you don't know.

kcr357

Rokkin
Why would you not just contact me about the problem before smearing me? I just found out about this and it's not me selling fake heads, I bought these off of an ADA dealer who made his own fakes and sold them to me as genuine. There is one on my own ski as well with a brand new top end. Contact brooks @ ADA and tell him about it, and tell him what happened. I will cover the cost of a replacement. my email is kcr357@yahoo.com

Wow going to get rich selling fake ada heads, who would waist their time.

Mark44

There actually would be quite a bit of money in it..probably someone that has access to the machines and using them for free. Only real cost would be materials(if they are even paying for those). At $300 a pop with no real overhead, that adds up.

98gti

C@R H@ul3R
Wow! I bought one of those heads from kcr357 and ran it on my last SN I built. And after my motor BLOWING after just a few rides, I was disgusted and parted the ski. I sold the head on ebay to a well known business in south florida, I wont say who it was, but just last week I got an email from ADA asking who I got it from, I talked to kcr357 and he told me they were having trouble with one of their dealers. I told ADA who i got it from and they were very appreciative. Well atleast now I know why my motor probably let go so soon.

Thanks for the heads up... i have my head off right now and will be checking it when i get home, i bought mine new from a member on this forum. if its a fake i'll let everyone know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom