Sealing a Stock RN Hood

So I'm in the process of sealing up the front 3 holes on my stock RN hood and opening up the rear vents bigger to compensate for the loss of airflow from the front holes being sealed up.

I was wondering what everyone has used to seal up the 3 holes? I've been trying to find some sort of cheap plastic pieces that size or that can be cut down to that size so that I can 5200 the pieces on the holes and seal them.

Mike Serlin

NOW SPORTING A BIONIC LEG
I just fiberglassed over mine and ran it just like that for a while. The motor got plenty of airflow but eventually I enlarged the rear vents slightly with a dremel. Duct tape works too.

Yeah I'm trying to make it look good also so I don't want to just slap some duct tape or fiberglass on there. Thanks for the suggestion though.

I guess what I'm really looking for is a thin piece of black plastic that I can cut three holes out and 5200 over top of the holes.

I'm thinking I just need to walk around a crafts store or a walmart and try to find something that might work.

RoyalFlush@PCB

Shootin' The Crap
I remember a few peeps that discussed this mod and just turfed over the holes...

glass for the block-off and turf for cosmetics should work real well, IMO. :Banane01:

DR3

Xscream Braaaap
i might have some rubber body hole plugs that might fit right in you would just have to meet me at the shop and we can give it a shot but i can promise anything but i know i have a pretty good assortment

DR3

Xscream Braaaap
i dont know how far you wanted to go with it but if you wanted it glassed i can help you with that too or if you like i have a sheet of fiberglass we can cut the holes to shape and glue them in like you said and just paint them black or im sure i can find a blue in my selection thats close to yours so we dont have to paint the whole hood and just spot it in

i dont know how far you wanted to go with it but if you wanted it glassed i can help you with that too or if you like i have a sheet of fiberglass we can cut the holes to shape and glue them in like you said and just paint them black or im sure i can find a blue in my selection thats close to yours so we dont have to paint the whole hood and just spot it in

I appreciate the offer Danny.:biggthumpup: I'll let ya know what I decide to do.

I'm really liking this turf idea. Sounds pretty simple and I think it would look pretty good.

Top Bottom