1st build 05 SJ help

I just bought a stock 05 SJ for 1500. Im very new to the free style side of this world. I do own an 89 650 sx but never got into modding it just rode it growning up. Ive got a couple grand I can throw into this right now and then build from there. I guess my question is what are some of the 1st mods to start off with? I am pretty handy with engines so if i need to pull the engine and do something to it I can. Just kinda looking for some advice on where to start lol. Its never gonna see the ocean I live in the heart of Texas if that makes a difference. Also on parts what brands should i go with?

Everyone posts the sticky thread for "first mods to do to your superjet" but it doesn't have to be the law. Mod your ski to what you feel you want to achieve. Sounds like you aren't going to be chasing a backflip like half the noobies think a stock superjet will do flat water, because you have experience with skis. If you want handling theres tons of cheap mods to do first and I highly recommend all of them. A B pipe with all the handling mods is a seriously fun experience on the water even with a stock motor internally.

I mean everyone wants to do a back flip i just know i realistically dont have the coin at the moment to put into the ski to be able to do one. With that being said i bought this one to build to eventually be able to do that. My best friend and i go camping all the time and it just wasn't fun with 1 ski. Here in the first season i have it itll just be for taking on camping trips so we can buzz around on the lake and have fun. But i still wanna whip his ass in races lol:D

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
Ride it. Use the money you have to buy a clean ski already setup. Sell the stocker you just bought. You can spend $3000 on that superjet and it'll only be worth about $1000 more than it is right now. I have seen many occasion where a ski with a RRP pole, lowered hood, B-pipe, head, even magnum pumps sell for only $1500 more than stock skis. Be patient. If you don't find something setup the way you want in a reasonable time, then go ahead and buy the parts.

Top Bottom