Super Jet 2008+ Superjet Fix

IS0LD0UT

I hate winter
People have been using an older cable and relocating the cable or nipple end on the steering for a while.

pretty cool they sell that little bracket with the older cables. I know people have made their own, but still cool they sell it ready to go. Get to keep that ole fx1 pole no one wants.. ha

SkiPro

Trim down for what!?!?!?
Kinda pricey for sure. Considering that's a 80 dollar cable and a 5 dollar piece of aluminum with 4 holes drilled into it with 50 cents worth of nuts and bolts.
Wish I woulda just wood screwed and bent 2 inch piece of aluminum with a knotch in it to my stock handlepole lol

H2O HAVOC

Life at Full Throttle
I'm wondering if they'll just sell the bracket

I emailed Wamiltons a week ago wanting to know if they supply a OEM Yamaha cable or the SBT aftermarket in the kit as well if they would sell just the bracket & i get my own OEM Yamaha cable. Got no response, so i just placed the order online with them & can report back my findings when i get it. All i can say is a failed aftermarket steering cable would set me off in a bad way. If it comes with the SBT aftermarket cable i'm going to order the pre 08 OEM cable for safety since i ride aggressive.

Last edited:

H2O HAVOC

Life at Full Throttle
Wamiltons is making a bracket to fit 08+ SJ's with a pre08 steering cable for max throw. How long has this been out? First time I seen this. Hope it helps some people. I wish would have done this instead of buying a new pole and cable.

https://www.wamiltons.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=74&products_id=913

Also from my research the pre 08 steering cables on 2006-2007 SJ are different then 1996-2005...

OEM Yamaha SJ Steering Cable 1996-2005 Part# GM6-61481-00-00

OEM Yamaha SJ Steering Cable 2006-2007 Part# GM6-61481-10-00

OEM Yamaha SJ Steering Cable 2008-2015 Part# F2F-61481-00-00

I had the shmitty system for 2 years in a surf ski before it broke. It failed at te bulk head, the housing came apart. He will just sell the bracket part for those who just want that. The cable housing isnt SS so he doesnt recomend it for surf riding.

Top Bottom