7. Hydro Turf
  8. Blowsion Tubby 2's (sponsons)
  9. one way valve/scupper
  10. dual cooling
  11. Factory B Pipe
  12. milled stock head
  13. MSD ignition
  14. porting (LPW)
  15. lowered hood kit (tons of options) I am using the waterdawg hood, very well priced
  16. more motor and hull upgrades
It's my belief that handling mods should always be done first before engine mods

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

option 2
in order of modification:

Stage 1
-Worx 201 Intake Grate/JD Intake Grate
-Skat Swirl
-Stick with stock rideplate for now(D-cut later)
-0 Deg Bars
-Bilge Pump

Stage 2
-Footholds/Turf
-Shorten Stock Handlepole
-Shortened Turn Plate and UMI Steering if you dont mind spending a little more
-Seal Stock Hood!!!
-Reinforce
-Hood Straps/Handlepole Limiting Strap

Stage 3
-Bpipe
-Girdled Head
-Carbon Tech Low Tension Reeds (Until you're ready to spend the big bucks on some really good reeds)

Stage 4
-Enhancer/Modified Stock CDI
-Lightened Flywheel

Stage 5
-Porting
-Bigger Carbs
-Better Reeds

Stage 6
-Aftermarket Hood
-Aftermarket Handlepole
-Scupper
-Tubbies

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

RECENT THREAD LINKS:
Unmolested 02 SJ.....For now.....
advice on mods for stock superjet
Help and advice needed for my 701 freeride/freestyle build
http://www.jetskier79.com/gallery/v/yamaslut/album40/
Help and advice needed for my 701 freeride/freestyle build
help what mods to do to this superjet.
Superjet build up, some advice needed.

TECH SECTION LINKS:
browse through this section for tutorials on listed mods
http://www.x-h2o.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26

feel free to add your ideas and mods you would do in order of mod... we can make it the end all for people wanting info on first mods for a SJ...

make a list like FLy and I did...

Tadpole1975

The clown has no penis!
I am fairly new to riding standups. I have rode my friends 1994 sj a few times over the last couple of years and just purchased a new 2008 superjet. Any advice on mods?

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Call any of the big guys in the industry - Blowsion, Riva, Wammer, Legdrag....and ask them.
I'll bet they know.

goldmullet

literally chillin
Worx grate

Hi guys, finally found a site worth belonging to with tons of good info. I just bought an 08' Superjet and your right Tadpole, most of the grates fit only 07' and older. I had to buy the WORX 228 intake grate and it fit flawless. They changed the pump location on the 08' and thats the reason the others dont fit.

Prem1x

Tinkering obsessed
I would be shocked if the 07 grate did not fit the '08. I was under the impression the pump was only moved back, not that the intake area was reshaped. I think WORX' suggestion to go with the 228 model is because the scoop was redesigned for the 08, not that the 201 scoop for the 07 won't bolt on.

I suggest the mods break this out into a new thread so that someone how has put a grate on an 08 can clarify.

goldmullet

literally chillin
oops

Hey guys, sorry but I might have given some bad info. What I know for sure is the Worx 228 grate fits the O8' and I assumed that was the only one that fit since that was the option I was told I had when I ordered through WORX USA. I do not know for fact if any older models fit the hull in question. Sorry for any confusions, I will think and research more in my next posts.

Thanks Yamaslut and all who share info on the X! It takes a lot of the guesswork and mistakes out of building up a freestyle ride.

What about a stronger pole spring?

Last edited:

Tyler Zane

Open Your Eyes
are these mods for a freestyle setup? just wondering because they specify on the blowsion web site that tubby 1's are for freestyle and you recommended the 2's. can anyone clarify the difference between the 1's and 2's?

Last edited:
I just bought a wave raider with a 760. I want to put this engine in my squarenose. Does the 760 pipe have to stay in the sit down or do i need to make the 760 pipe work? Are there any other pieces that do not cross over?

i have a 2010 SJ , i had the first ride yesterday with the Factorypipe fitted up and what a difference it transformed the ski

question i want to order

-Skat Swirl
-D-cut rideplate
-0 Deg Bars
-Bilge Pump
-Footholds/Turf

where is the best place to order everything for quality and price ??

also has anyone got the part numbers of the products so i dont order the wrong bits

cheers

FlightPlanDan

Don'tTrustAfartAfter50
i have a 2010 SJ , i had the first ride yesterday with the Factorypipe fitted up and what a difference it transformed the ski

question i want to order

-Skat Swirl
-D-cut rideplate
-0 Deg Bars
-Bilge Pump
-Footholds/Turf

where is the best place to order everything for quality and price ??

also has anyone got the part numbers of the products so i dont order the wrong bits

cheers

I'm sure that there are other suppliers. However;

Worx 201 is available thru Wamiltons.com

skat swirl is available thru wamiltons.com or direct from skat.

D-cut plate: borrow a sawzall. I cut my stock plate. It lasted 2 rides. Eventually cut my worx dominator to stock length...holding up so far.

0-degree bars: different from straight bars. Either way, a shortened turn plate would be done at the same time. Wamiltons/ RRP/etc... lots of folks offer this mod.

You're gonna have to do your bilge yourself. Brackets are available thru Blowsion and others, but 5200 works as well.

Footholds: personal preference. But a lot of work to install. Lots of "how to" threads on here.

Shortened stock pole: Again, not an easy job, but do-able at home. Lots of info available here.

If you don't want to do any of the work yourself....I'll do it.

For lots of money.

No guaranties. No time frame.

Last edited:

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Unless you are learning barrel rolls and backflips on flatwater, I wouldn't reinforce.

Top Bottom