xmetal waterbox question/s

Ericfox

Do it twice?That's DooDoo
I am going to get the xmetal waterbox with front exhaust.

I want to get rid of the rear exhaust... what do you guys to do get rid of the rear exhaust? Is it better to leave it in? Dont know if I want to install a scupper valve..... I imagine that is an option though to fill the hole....

hope you don't ride on a lake cuz everyone will hate you in no time, built mine for the ocean tested and tuned on the lake 3 times and no more friends at the marina i personally think it sounds awesome. I added one ways out the back.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I hope you don't ride in areas that have any people with hearing around.
XMW WB + Front only exhaust = guaran'f'n'teed to piss people off.

Y

yamaslut

I am going to get the xmetal waterbox with front exhaust.

I want to get rid of the rear exhaust... what do you guys to do get rid of the rear exhaust? Is it better to leave it in? Dont know if I want to install a scupper valve..... I imagine that is an option though to fill the hole....

I would fill the hole w/ foam and glass over it after removing the pipe, of course... that's what I did

tor*p*do

Squarenose FTW
Site Supporter
I didnt say I didnt like it
just that "people" on my lake would crucify me if I was riding a ski that sounded like that!

Ericfox

Hmmm.... I see what you guys are saying... I watched the videos in that thread, and now will only do the rear exhaust with the x-metal box if I get it at all.... do you guys recommend this waterbox, or maybe another? Maybe just stick with the stocker.... definately I think the front exhaust might not be the best idea for the lakes I ride at....

Matt_E

Site Supporter
Yay bandwagon! :biggthumpup:

I wouldn't have an XMW waterbox if I hadn't gotten a good deal on mine.
It is noticably lighter than stock (not just in your hand, but actual riding)

Ericfox

couldnt you just weld a round piece of aluminum on there? and then just cut it off if you ever want to use it again? I guess the rubber piece should hold ok though.... no leaks?

Matt_E

Site Supporter
couldnt you just weld a round piece of aluminum on there? and then just cut it off if you ever want to use it again? I guess the rubber piece should hold ok though.... no leaks?

I wouldn't. Why do it permanently, it could hurt resale value.

#ZERO

Beach Bum
I would use the front exhaust with a stock waterbox to cut down on the noise factor.

I used four layers of 18oz. biaxial fiberglass inside of the hull and three layers of chopped glass on the outside with 3:1 epoxy resin to fill the exhaust hole.

Top Bottom