B Pipe ?s

I'm new to SJ's so please bear with me.

This "extra" fitting on my head pipe is for??? Water injection? The ski is not equipped.....so what do I do with the fitting, other than put on water injection?

Which chamber is this? From the weld to the end it measures a little over 2".

Opinions on this colling line routing:

One line coming from pump to a water strainer
Strainer to exhaust manifold (2 fittings on the manifold T'd for the single line)

2 fittings on WC head:
Front fitting to water injection (?) fitting (You can see in the pic, this isn't a regular barb fitting. Rather it is a fitting that something would screw onto.)

Rear head fitting to normal upper head pipe fitting

Lower pipe fitting to left side of T #1
Center of T#1 to Pipe chamber (with FCV in between)
Right of T #1 to right of T #2
Center of T #2 to hose flush
Left of T #2 to pisser

Hope that makes some sort of sense.....

Any help is appreciated!

On a side note, I would NOT reccommend using pressure washer hose for cooling lines. The PO used this for the line over the chamber, I guess due to heat exposure. It was difficult to remove the lines since the braided wire had rusted to everything it was connected to.

Attachments

• DSC00004.JPG
    DSC00004.JPG
    15.7 KB · Views: 204
  • DSC00006.JPG
    DSC00006.JPG
    15.5 KB · Views: 160
that's a bad place for someone to have taped a cooling line, i would be worried about it cracking there. if it's threaded you can remove it and thread in a plug that you can get from a harware store. if that chamber has a weld around the whole pipe i would guess an old mod pipe.

#ZERO

Beach Bum
I’m surprised that pipe fitting would even work because it looks like it’s mounted out of the cooling jacket area.

Have it welded back up or just install a pipe plug.

Here are some B-Pipe chamber specs and cooling diagrams.

Total Length

Mod Pipe = 25-1/2"
Limited Pipe = 26-1/2"

Circumference

Mod Pipe = 19-1/4"
Limited Pipe = 19-3/8"

Diameter

Mod Pipe = 5-3/4"
Limited Pipe = 5-7/8"

Volume

Mod Pipe = 212 US [fl oz.] or 6.270 Liters
Limited Pipe = 232 US [fl oz.] or 6.861 Liters

Attachments

• Picture 376.jpg
    Picture 376.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 234
  • cooling-water-routing.jpg
    cooling-water-routing.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 404
  • water-routing.jpg
    water-routing.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 445
  • water routing.jpg
    water routing.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 391
  • WamMod1.jpg
    WamMod1.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 481
#.0, dumb question for you...for the angled end of the chambers (where the chambers meet the head pipe), did you measure from the "short" dimension or the "long" dimension? I'd assume the longest dimension but it's hard to tell in your pic...can't tell if its a parallax effect in the pic or not. Thanks!

So mine is a Mod....more Q's

Which of those is the preferred routing setup?

If I had a water injection system, where should the fitting placement be?

What's the best thing to use to de-carbonize this beast???

With the shoddy routing before hand....once I properly route the lines, will I see any noticeable differences?

Thanks again!

So mine is a Mod....more Q's

Which of those is the preferred routing setup?

If I had a water injection system, where should the fitting placement be?

What's the best thing to use to de-carbonize this beast???

With the shoddy routing before hand....once I properly route the lines, will I see any noticeable differences?

Thanks again!
that extra fitting you speek of is the best place to put the spray nozzel from the info i have read factory pipes web site says to install the nozzel right were your "extra fitting" is check out factory pipes front page click on the link that says ECWI also those setups look like dual cooling and a moded ski if yours is a limeted build run the line from the head to the top of the head pipe. from the bottom fitting run a hose to the stinger then "T" in to that line and from the "T" run a line to the "pisser" im not a pro but that is how i plumb all my factory pipes but others do it differantly but i do it like factory pipe says to with a "stock" cooling system

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I don't think that's a cooling fitting.
Is there a nozzle extending into the exhaust stream in the headpipe?
If so, that's a water injection nozzle.

Q

QuickMick

I’m surprised that pipe fitting would even work because it looks like it’s mounted out of the cooling jacket area.

Have it welded back up or just install a pipe plug.

Here are some B-Pipe chamber specs and cooling diagrams.

Total Length

Mod Pipe = 25-1/2"
Limited Pipe = 26-1/2"

Circumference

Mod Pipe = 19-1/4"
Limited Pipe = 19-3/8"

Diameter

Mod Pipe = 5-3/4"
Limited Pipe = 5-7/8"

Volume

Mod Pipe = 212 US [fl oz.] or 6.270 Liters
Limited Pipe = 232 US [fl oz.] or 6.861 Liters

would the water routing work if both in lines ran to the manifold, then from the head one went to pisser and the other went to the TOP of the headpipe, then from the bottom of the headpipe it went to stinger and "T" to a pisser..

I see in the illistrations that the line from the head is ran to the BOTTOM of the headpipe. is this the CORRECT way?? DOes it matter??

Last edited by a moderator:
Q

QuickMick

So with that configuration there would be two pissers, right? The right head out that goes to the bottom of the pipe is marked line to bypass, that's what threw me off.

Looks like my ski had dual cooling at one point, with the stock bilge line used.

Yes you are correct

Top Bottom