trouble mounting aftermarket blowison hood

junkman

nice weather=regret selin
OK very very frustrating I am trying to line up my hood and get it dialed in. The guys at the paint shop damaged my jss hood gasket and I received my new one today so I put it on and then began to line up my blowsion brewtus hood. NOT HAPPENIN. I also have the blowsion hood hooks. IT seems that the hood is not allowed to come far enough forward Ive adjusted the hooks as far forward as they go I can get everything on and the hood latch, latched but its very very loose and there is a huge gap on the sides of the hood that would let tons of water into the hull. Its like the hood needs to come like a 1/4 inch forward........FRUSTRATED any help would be appreciated maybe im just overlooking something minor.

junkman

I know I went to go take pics after I posted and realized I left my camera at my friends. Hulka is this a common issue with blowsion hoods?

junkman

just put the stock hood hoods back on and actually fit WAYYYY tighter so not sure what that means..........? I thought the aftermarket billet ones were suppose to be tighter to?

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
junkman said:
I know I went to go take pics after I posted and realized I left my camera at my friends. Hulka is this a common issue with blowsion hoods?

No. Don't pay any attention to Hulka when it comes to Blowsion.:cheer:
I suggest you call Blowsion. They WILL Help you out. Did you, by any chance, buy squarenose hood hooks?

junkman

I hope not I told em it was an RN SJ. But that could be a good reason as to why it wouldnt work are they different?

junkman

Just looked at my receipt and it says for 96al so im guessin thats 96 and newer......but when I put the blowion hooks next to the factory they clearly mount slightly further back in the opposite direction of where I need to be Im tempted to just slightly drill out the holes for the handlepole bracket and hood hooks to relocate them but might regret that later....

C

CG Racing

unclehulka13 said:
send it back to blowsion, they can send it back to their sweatshop and have the slave laborers fix it.

your an idiot...

junkman

OK glad to see im not the only one thinking that was a tad bit ridiculous. I just spent a good amount of $$$ on paint so I wasnt about to send the hood in the mail so it can get all screwed up.....Im also not afraid to do a lil grinding here n there where need be. Just want to know
"WHERE NEED BE" :) so I can grind away or what not but it does appear that the stock ones seem to be alright would'nt hurt to see them fit more forward but.....

junkman

NOW thats what I wanted to hear. :) I was like man am I an idiot and not seeing something seems that everything blowsion I have purchased so far is not lining up right.

CG Racing said:
your an idiot...
you're

And btw, i was just joking. I guess my sarcasm doesnt go through over the interweb too easily.

Just give blowsion a call and they'll set you straight. Just like any other custom piece, there will need to be some fabrication. Just ask anyone.

Last edited:

ski4

gonzo
that's rediculous though, for what these little pieces cost it should be bolt and go. period. why release it to the general public for sale if you have to grind other things to make em fit. as far as i see it, that should be like releasing pre production products and should be sold at a discounted rate or given away as trial pieces.
i can see having to machine a 62 t case to accecpt a big bore sleeve or something like that but come on.

just my 2 cents

Last edited:
Like all after market products there are so many variables to think about - not all parts work together without a little tweaking/adjusting..

sclevela

X-H2O
ski4 said:
that's rediculous though, for what these little pieces cost it should be bolt and go. period. why release it to the general public for sale if you have to grind other things to make em fit. as far as i see it, that should be like releasing pre production products and should be sold at a discounted rate or given away as trial pieces.
i can see having to machine a 62 t case to accecpt a big bore sleeve or something like that but come on.

just my 2 cents

its a rarity for any aftermarket products to fit perfect much less custom ones....... not just in the jetski market but in any fatermarket motordriven vehicle market.......... think about all the variable with a 10 year old jet-ski........ no 2 10 year old jetskis are gonna be exactly alike....... hell no 2 brand new jetskis are perfectly alike........ and they havent been tossed around and had the crap pounded out of them........... if your not prepared to do ANY work on your ski to make an aftermarket part (much less a custom part) fit properly then id get in the habit of paying a mechanic/professional to install everything u buy........... cuz thats prolly the only way ull avoid the fabbing and fitting

ski4

gonzo
come on, hood hooks are hood hooks this isn't a stroker crank or girdle kit or a home made fuel injection set up.

all the round noses i know of come with the same hooks. it ain't rocket science. all i'm saying is that a 60 some odd dollar bit of aluminum for something like that should fit.
it's like leaf springs, aftermarket co's make em but most will at least fit the application that it is called for, there are not a lot of variables in the superjet body dept like there is in the auto world.
the hull is 10 yrs old with out change from the oem, gues work for a hard part like that should be nill!!:frown:

sclevela

X-H2O
ski4 said:
come on, hood hooks are hood hooks this isn't a stroker crank or girdle kit or a home made fuel injection set up.

all the round noses i know of come with the same hooks. it ain't rocket science. all i'm saying is that a 60 some odd dollar bit of aluminum for something like that should fit.
it's like leaf springs, aftermarket co's make em but most will at least fit the application that it is called for, there are not a lot of variables in the superjet body dept like there is in the auto world.
the hull is 10 yrs old with out change from the oem, gues work for a hard part like that should be nill!!:frown:

i did lowering leafsprings in a full size chevy when it was 7 years old........ everything on the truck (from being driven) had settled and shifted....... it sure as poop wasnt just an "un-bolt and re-bolt application. i think your asking alot to have a custom piece fit a 10 yr old anything with just a bolt up

Superjet3

Waterlogged
sclevela said:
i did lowering leafsprings in a full size chevy when it was 7 years old........ everything on the truck (from being driven) had settled and shifted....... it sure as poop wasnt just an "un-bolt and re-bolt application. i think your asking alot to have a custom piece fit a 10 yr old anything with just a bolt up

Ok, what is the excuse for kenny keepers then? That is a cnc product. it would be very easy to modify it in production so you dont have to grind half of it off when installing. I am a firm belever in haveing to tweak some things to a certain extent when installing, but some of their stuff is just rediculous. put a 24-7 hood next to a blowsion hood and tell me which is better.

Top Bottom