300/440/550 550 update

Kwit

HowItShootIfitsPlastic
alright i just put together this 550 from some spare parts and motor i had around here and yesterday i took it on out to a buddies house to give it a go in the water and it had a fit.

The ski is a hard starter but it seems so run ok after it gets warmed up out of the water. anyway we started it on land to make sure it was gettin ready to go. so my buddy jumps on it and tries to take off and it goes about 3 mph and he could bearly stay on this thing it was goin so slow. after about 20 seconds of him trying to get it to go its started smokeing... i mean bad i thought it was on fire. so we pop the hood and it hot i mean friggin HOT water turned to steam in a flash. smoke was coming out of the pisser with very small sperts of water when running. cooling lines look to be alright.... i have no idea what is wrong with this thing. it runs and idles on land but when it hits water it will just start to smoke and not go anywhere.. any ideas? ..

UPDATE:alright today i finally desided to take a look at this thing and see what was goin on with the over heating and serious lack of power. i started off by takeing off the grate and ride plate to fint a huge rock in the pump on the intake side up in the grate cavity. part of the rock was squished into the impellar blade and draging along the outside of the pump houseing. im hoping this is the loss of power problem. so on to the next problem of over heating. i messed with the cooling ines and i coud not get water to flow out of the pisser after atatching the house to the head. so what i did was i ran my cooling lings as fallows. bulk head inlet that connects to the pump is rounted to the cylinder head. the exhuast mani to the cylinder. so now at the inlet at the pump when i conneted the hose to that then i get water out of the pisser and it cools the motor and pipe very well. i havent tested this in the water yeat but basicly its the same thing on the hose. i also swapped out the stock weird bent bars for my sn stockers to get a few more degrees of straight ness and also oied the throttle so it isnt sticky and trying to take off after you bip the throttle. ill give an update on the final test in a week wshen i can get this thing down to the lake and tryer out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Kwit : 06-11-2007 at 04:13 PM. Reason: update

pjsrider

PJS VIPER RIDER
did you build the motor? The head gasket might be on wrong not allowing any water to flow through the head and engine properly. Also back flush the entire system to see if there are weeds in the system.

Jay

Kwit

HowItShootIfitsPlastic
i did back flush the ski and its seemd to move water through it fine. but the problem i think was the cooling lines. when i would put the hose on the head water came out the pump! no water out of the pisser either. so we moved around the cooing lines and got water circling around in there now. another probem was that some one drilled onther hole threw the hull for like dual cooling or sumthing and the other tube wasnt flowing well so i used the good one fer the cooling now. basicly now the cooling is from the side of the pump to threw the bulkhead right to the top of the head. the pipe is to the mani. its a little different but when i hooked up a hose to the pump side everything ran well and cooled nicely ....on the hose.

Kwit

HowItShootIfitsPlastic
ive been looking around and the way i have my cooling lines is def not the way people are telling others to use them. this is the only way ive found to be able to get water to threw the pisser and cool the motor on the hose.... it the pump cooling line isnt attacht to the mani like everyone says will it still draw water? how is the water drawn into the engine? exaust?

Top Bottom