YAMA-SAKI best of both worlds build (701 in a750sx)

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
Ok he we go. I am ditchin the 750 for a 701 62tcases/61x cylinder. I wont start building until OCT 9th. I am currently in EL Centro so i will start as soon as i get back.

I have a 62t/61x and dual 44 BN's waiting for me. along with the conversion bed plate and tigershark driveshaft coupler. I will port the cylinder, do a ADA girled head, Use my 750 factory pipe with the Yami FP manifold, and probably a few other things.

All my 750 parts like engine, Carbs, 2 set of Electronics, and much more will be for sale when i get back and start pulling apart and taking pics. JFW and Sxi4ver can have first dips.

Stay tuned and i will start ASAP. i am super excitied and in my opinion when its done i will have the best of both worlds. Yamaha power/electronics with Kawasaki handling.

Link in sig for the first build..

Last edited:

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I take it you really like the handling of that hull?

I'd love to take a spin on a decently powered SX/SXI hull.

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
it will be at daytona. I love the way the 750 handles specially with the tubbies and most Superjet people that ride it say the same thing. I just want the SJ power!!!!

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
I rode Jordan's ski back to back with my 07 SJ and actually really liked how it handled, It's way lighter and nimbler than the SXR but still needed more power to be truly playful. I never rode it after the porting and pipe upgrade though to see how much of an improvement that all made.

Last edited:
thanks for the free dibs! but im done workin/wasting money on my ski lol

depending on the outcome of this build this will prob be my last mod ever on a jet ski cuz ive been thinkin it would be fun to try. or ill just sell the ski for a decent muddin truck or dirtbike. it all depends on my mood in the spring but thats besides the point...

the 92-94 750 hulls with an sj pole are amazing imo my ski dry only wieghs 280, and they seem weigh more nimble then an sj. granted the only sj ive ridden was all stock with a turnplate

go 750's!!!!!!!

Waternut

Customizing addict
You should come up here before you tear into that thing so I can show you the potential of the 750 motor vs the 701 motor. I'm probably the only one that thinks a 750 has potential but side by side, I can barely tell the difference in power of my ski's.

Just would hate to see you spend lots of money and tons of time only for a slight improvement.

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
Your still going to have a kawi pump?

ya kawi pump

You should come up here before you tear into that thing so I can show you the potential of the 750 motor vs the 701 motor. I'm probably the only one that thinks a 750 has potential but side by side, I can barely tell the difference in power of my ski's.

Just would hate to see you spend lots of money and tons of time only for a slight improvement.

the only differance in total loss right? and you have a smaller carb if i am not mistaking. The way i see it after selling all my kawi stuff i should come out on top or right about even. I would love to ride your ski but my 701 will be waiting for me when i get back

Waternut

Customizing addict
Yeah I've got the 40mm carb, wiseco pistons, and a 10/18 C-75 prop. Other than that, the total loss is the only difference which is....well...a big difference! All 3 of us on this lake have tried total loss and we're all addicted to it. All the downsides are worth it!

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
my motor is shipping on the 4th, so far i got a r and d intake, the bedplate,and the tigershark coupler i will need some dual 44s the carbs coming with the motor our 38's. i will get the motor test fitted this coming weekend oct 9th-10ish. I will be taking pics along the way. I probably wont have the ski on the water untill end of oct. I am gonna sell my kawi stuff prior to buying all the new yami stuff. also i think i am gonna do some work on my tray as well.

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
well i will have them availble and i can make a package deal. motor electronics carb w/e you need. i ll start priceing and taking pics this weekend

Top Bottom