64x enhancer?

Hello everyone!
So... I have a 62t/62t that I got from a neighbor and he said it came out of some sort of couch (he didnt remember what) put it in my ski, runs great.
I finally got around to putting in an enhancer, and low and behold upon opening the ebox it says 64x on the cdi and has one large plug instead of the bullet connectors. IE the enhancer doesnt fit.
Is this a thing? or did he/ someone put some other ignition in it?
Will the enhancer work if I butt connector the wires?
Is it actually a 760? Someone on here said some older 760s had 62t castings.
Kind of stumped at what to do.
Also it has a 6r7 head on it if that means anything...

Sounds like you have 64x ignition... To run the enhancer you'll change flywheel, stator, some hardware like stator screws, and flywheel cover using 62t ignition... or 61x ignition @Jamo07sj can tell you if the ebox will work, he reciently did one...

The 64x has the stator bolted to the inside of the flywheel cover not to the engine case behind the flywheel

64x cdi is a harness plug to plug

62 or 61 is billet connectors

So you will need 62t electronics like @Harbor said to make it plug and play with the bullet connectors.

62 Stator, flywheel, flywheel cover (64 is beefed up and clearance issues), ebox backing (the metal part), and cdi.

I did not cut or splice the 64x to work with 62 but I suppose it could be an option.

Still running converted setup and super happy w it.

Would there be any serious/ disasterous problems with simply splicing in the 64x harness into the enhancer harness? Is that a possibility or would it fry something internally?

Would there be any serious/ disasterous problems with simply splicing in the 64x harness into the enhancer harness? Is that a possibility or would it fry something internally?

The stator looks a lot different and odd flywheel.. not sure your timing would be correct among other things... so no is my answer

Reactions: 37

Precipitation Hardened
The 62T and 64X setups use the same charge and lighting coils on the stator (as in the individual coils, not the assemblies), but the flywheels and trigger pickups are vastly different between the two as @Harbor mentioned. I'm not sure if a 64X pickup will properly trigger the Enhancer to fire or if the 64X pickup is even in the proper location BTDC to send the signal at the right time. I know what the BTDC pickup timing is on the 64X but not the 6M6/62T.

I suspect the answer is 'no' on it working. If it were that easy, MSD (or someone else) would have made a 760 version if all they had to do was make an interposer cable to adapt the bullets to the corresponding 8-pin connector.

The 62T and 64X setups use the same charge and lighting coils on the stator (as in the individual coils, not the assemblies), but the flywheels and trigger pickups are vastly different between the two as @Harbor mentioned. I'm not sure if a 64X pickup will properly trigger the Enhancer to fire or if the 64X pickup is even in the proper location BTDC to send the signal at the right time. I know what the BTDC pickup timing is on the 64X but not the 6M6/62T.

I suspect the answer is 'no' on it working. If it were that easy, MSD (or someone else) would have made a 760 version if all they had to do was make an interposer cable to adapt the bullets to the corresponding 8-pin connector.

Well said sir :)

Would it be worth it to keep the enhancer and convert the whole electrical system back to 62t stator, flywheel, etc? or just let it be?

Moving away from 64x is pretty standard. @Jamo07sj did back to back test basicly on his SS 950 from 64x to 62t and light wheel with no enhancer so he could shed some light on this.... your enhancer will be on top of that gain as well

The 64x uses a pickup to trigger the spark, the 64x flywheel also decreases timing on pto cylinder. Grind off the small 1/4" node on the flywheel to get proper timing to the other cylinder on the 760 setup. This could be a reason why your back to back test came up short.

Top Bottom