Custom/Hybrid Aftermarket Hull Registration and HIN Talk

Ducky

Back in the game!
I'm not sure whats false about my post. It has a Kansas (my state of residence) issued HIN number. I don't really care what the number is or what it means, just that it's legal. I never said I didn't want a HIN that indicated homemade. I said I didn't want it "titled" as homemade and it's not, that's why I posted a photo of the title. You said the HIN indicated it has a Kansas home built title, it does not. Kansas also doesn't issue titles for PWC's. We ride in the state of Missouri and they require watercraft to be registered in the state if you use it there for more than 90 days, so I titled and registered it in Missouri as a 2016 Rickter. In the end you're right it doesn't matter, I just didn't like the idea of the word "Homemade" in the make or manufactures box on the title on something this expensive.

I'm not professing to be an expert, just posting my experience on a thread about HIN numbers and titles.

For sure, always good for people to know in the same state!

For what it is worth...I titled my WDK RIP in NC through the Homemade title process, and no where on the title does it say homemade. It says 2015 Waterdawg RIP. They let me pick out whatever I wanted to call it.

For sure, always good for people to know in the same state!

For what it is worth...I titled my WDK RIP in NC through the Homemade title process, and no where on the title does it say homemade. It says 2015 Waterdawg RIP. They let me pick out whatever I wanted to call it.

This is correct and same in jersey, but if you take the first 3 letters of your HIN and search the database it will tell you it's a state issues homebuilt hull.

I'm not attempting to piss on your parade, just stating facts. If you read through the USCG boat builders handbook it breaks down a HIN and states that the first 3 letters are the MIC, (manufacturer id) if you search the MIC database on the USCG website you KAS comes up as code for a Kansas homebuilt.

That being said, get out and ride and enjoy the ski :)

Hey John, is that Foremost a NJ only company or will they insure PA skis as well? Just liability or did you get collision, sinking ,...."full coverage" as well?

Hey John, is that Foremost a NJ only company or will they insure PA skis as well? Just liability or did you get collision, sinking ,...."full coverage" as well?

Full coverage and an agreed upon value.

The agent I used is part of DHY, Depford Honda Yamaha and I can't comment whether they right in PA or not. Call DHY and I'm sure they can answer your questions. I'm out of town till sat, I'll post contact info when I get home

10 4 Thanks man. But I will give them a shout as soon as I get my ski registered/titled with legit #'s. Need a receipt 1st from the Rage guys and haven't gotten one yet so I am waiting "patiently"

Would you mind telling me or PMing me at least a ballpark price of what I should be expecting to pay?! Have over 22k in the ski for what it's worth

10 4 Thanks man. But I will give them a shout as soon as I get my ski registered/titled with legit #'s. Need a receipt 1st from the Rage guys and haven't gotten one yet so I am waiting "patiently"

Would you mind telling me or PMing me at least a ballpark price of what I should be expecting to pay?! Have over 22k in the ski for what it's worth

5e65aeb9be02e73384531b563e292387.jpg

I just got a new rickter and I was in and out of dmv within 45 minutes with legit cf's and a vin number, just fill out all the questions correctly and there shouldn't be any problems.

Anyone in Idaho have to go through this? Im looking at buying a hull with no hin and I can get it registered but have to build it and bring receipts for everything or have it appraised. Was hoping it was going to be a little easier but maybe that is as easy as it gets.

Krenn Power Sports

Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Thought I’d chime in here. I’ve done 2 hulls in TX. Both were a pita but got done. 1 3 yrs ago and 1 2yrs ago. Now I have 2 to do again and they have changed the rules or their interpretation of them 5+ times every time I’ve tried to get 1 done. At this point they said I HAVE to get a MIC to do it. Sooooo I’ll play their game and get a MIC. I’ll makr my own HIN and my own MSO’s and sell them to myself. Or maybe I’ll just use them with my dealer #’s as its allowed for recreation use up to 12 days a month and maybe never title them nor have to pay tax on the sale nor ever sell them I’ve been to the head of TPWD and they it’s always a different story and they are obviously interpreting the law in the favor of not issuing me a HIN for any reason they can find. Soon there will be an XYZ nUmber in the mic registers with “Krenn power sports” as the mfg. but too bad I’ll never end up selling a single built boat. Or only to myself.

Top Bottom