Anyone following Gary Brecka?

SXIPro

JM781 Big Bore
Site Supporter
I started listening to/following Gary Brecka a while back since I'm getting older (turning 60 soon) and I've had some lingering health issues both mental and physical. He has a BS in Biology and a BS in Human Biology both from different universities. For years he worked in the life insurance industry, typically for companies selling policies to very wealthy individuals. He was a mortality expert, and based on a number of tests he could predict a person's death date, except for deaths by car wrecks or whatever, to within a month, which was important to the insurance companies so they could measure risk and remain wildly profitable, of course. He then left that industry and started using what he learned to help people live better and live longer. I've been trying some of his recommendations for a while, recommendations he doesn't claim to have invented himself, but has learned from the teaching and studies of others, and my results thus far have been immediate and impressive (to me at least). The best thing about his recommendations, besides the results, is that many of them are absolutely free. So far I've only adopted his cold exposure (ice plunges/damn cold showers) advice to start my day along with his breathwork/breathing techniques and have added calcium, zinc, magnesium, Vitamin D6 and L-Methyl Folate supplementation to my diet. I have far more energy now, much better mental clarity, I've dropped weight (no diet change at all....YET), and I'm just a much happier guy and totally look forward to my days now.... which I haven't in YEARS(anxiety and depression are real things and I got whacked pretty hard with both during and after my divorce and through my bout with cancer, and they've lingered ....unfortunately). So, there it is. That is one man's take on this, and if it helps anyone of you, that's awesome. Peace my friends.

Last edited:

Sanoman

thecolorpurple
I started listening to/following Gary Brecka a while back since I'm getting older (turning 60 soon) and I've had some lingering health issues both mental and physical. He has a BS in Biology and a BS in Human Biology both from different universities. For years he worked in the life insurance industry, typically for companies selling policies to very wealthy individuals. He was a mortality expert, and based on a number of tests he could predict a person's death date, except for deaths by car wrecks or whatever, to within a month, which was important to the insurance companies so they could measure risk and remain wildly profitable, of course. He then left that industry and started using what he learned to help people live better and live longer. I've been trying some of his recommendations for a while, recommendations he doesn't claim to have invented himself, but has learned from the teaching and studies of others, and my results thus far have been immediate and impressive (to me at least). The best thing about his recommendations, besides the results, is that many of them are absolutely free. So far I've only adopted his cold exposure (ice plunges/damn cold showers) advice to start my day along with his breathwork/breathing techniques and have added calcium, zinc, magnesium, Vitamin D6 and L-Methyl Folate supplementation to my diet. I have far more energy now, much better mental clarity, I've dropped weight (no diet change at all....YET), and I'm just a much happier guy and totally look forward to my days now.... which I haven't in YEARS(anxiety and depression are real things and I got whacked pretty hard with both during and after my divorce and through my bout with cancer, and they've lingered ....unfortunately). So, there it is. That is one man's take on this, and if it helps anyone of you, that's awesome. Peace my friends.
lnteresting. l need a new program to start the new year. Thanks for sharing @SXIPro

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
I am pretty much in the same boat , the last few years have been rough , last year it was umbilical hernia issues that presented as stomach cramping - pain, it kept me on the couch most of last year , I worked through the pain when I could but I lost a lot of work time , that got repaired last December about this time .

This year it is HIP pain and sciatica , we did finally got the sciatica under control earlier this year but the hip pain is due to osteoarthritis so it isn't going away , also hobbling around and trying to work and walk around with a bad hip has caused some pretty bad back issues .

I am scheduled for hip replacement surgery Tuesday the 19th, so far I have kept depression down to a minimum but yeah I get it , I probably lost at least 4 months of work this year alone and I am looking at another two months next year , at least like last year most of the down time it is in the off season, but yeah Christmas around here , not so festive this year.

Thankfully my old lady is in a position to take care of me financially till I can get my ass back to work next year , but yeah next year is make it or break it for me and it's going to be a doozey for sure . She did sign me up for a gym membership since we are now considered a senior couple it was basically free for me to join , I f it all goes as planned should be in really decent shape by riding season next year.

Last edited:

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
Would you prefer live in or old ball and chain , we aren't married yet so fiancé is the correct term but at this juncture I will just say she is the one I can't live without .

SXIPro

JM781 Big Bore
Site Supporter
Would you prefer live in or old ball and chain , we aren't married yet so fiancé is the correct term but at this juncture I will just say she is the one I can't live without .
Dude!!! I am stealing that line, if you don't mind. I'm almost 60, the 'person I can't live without' is 45 and I just feel weird calling her my girlfriend. Makes me sound like I'm 14 not 59.

sschevelle

Site Supporter
I have been following Gary Brecka for a couple of months now also. He seems to be very credible. I listened to him on the Joe Rogen Experience, his involvment with Dana White of the UFC and others. I took his DNA test a few weeks ago and they found some issues that have been passed down from my parents. I will be starting his program in the next week when my suppliments get in. Getting old really sucks and the issues I have dealt with or the last several years are getting old. His reports and predictions to how I live my life with OCD were amazing. My wife just laughed when she read report. I hope to report back soon with good results once on the program. He doesnt push to buy his products, just recommends what to go with. Zinc, Magnesium, TMG and others.

CD155MX

Squirrel!!!
I have been following Gary Brecka for a couple of months now also. He seems to be very credible. I listened to him on the Joe Rogen Experience, his involvment with Dana White of the UFC and others. I took his DNA test a few weeks ago and they found some issues that have been passed down from my parents. I will be starting his program in the next week when my suppliments get in. Getting old really sucks and the issues I have dealt with or the last several years are getting old. His reports and predictions to how I live my life with OCD were amazing. My wife just laughed when she read report. I hope to report back soon with good results once on the program. He doesnt push to buy his products, just recommends what to go with. Zinc, Magnesium, TMG and others.

Been considering the taking test over here. Please let us know how you get on with the recommendations.

SXIPro

JM781 Big Bore
Site Supporter
So, as an update: I began seriously putting many of Gary Brecka's recommendations into my daily routine 12/1/23. My starting weight on that day was 211.6 lbs. As of this morning, after one full month, I weighed in at 193.8 lbs (updated 12/31). To save y'all from breaking out your Staples calculators, that's a loss of 17.8 lbs in a month (updated 12/31). I've retired many of my 33" waist jeans and brought a bunch of my 32" waist jeans back into the rotation. My energy is off the charts. Not too long ago I couldn't wait for the day to be over, now I can't wait for the day to begin. I don't hang in bed after I wake up dreading what the day has in store for me, I leap out of bed and take the day by storm. Besides the physical aspects of my transformation, which I am quite impressed with, if I do say so myself, the mental and emotional benefits are what totally seal the deal for me. I had my daughter and her husband over for dinner on Christmas Eve , and was having a hard time explaining to them that I had honestly forgotten what it felt like to be truly happy, to be excited about life, to LOOK FORWARD to waking up in the morning. I used to be so full of anxiety about what horrible thing was coming my way next. I had major trepidation every single damn day, and it just became who I was as a person, it was pretty F'ing dreadful. Sure, I had some fun times and some good times, but if there wasn't a real motivation driving my happiness (like seeing my kids or grandkids) then true happiness never ever came. All my smiles were forced and for show. Joy was an absolute rarity over the last 8 years. This past month though, I feel renewed, I am happy, almost giddy sometimes, just doing normal stuff. I almost feel guilty that I feel so good now. And I am getting so much more accomplished. My screen time, be it TV/Netflix or the Interwebs is down by 90%. Now I DO STUFF instead of watching other people do stuff on the boob tube or on YouTube. Yes, it's only been a month, but it is something I plan to stick with because my life is so so much better now. Thanks for listening. Merry New Year everyone!! Have a salubrious rest of your weekend.

Last edited:

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
So, as an update: I began seriously putting many of Gary Brecka's recommendations into my daily routine 12/1/23. My starting weight on that day was 211.6 lbs. As of this morning, after one full month, I weighed in at 193.8 lbs (updated 12/31). To save y'all from breaking out your Staples calculators, that's a loss of 17.8 lbs in a month (updated 12/31). I've retired many of my 33" waist jeans and brought a bunch of my 32" waist jeans back into the rotation. My energy is off the charts. Not too long ago I couldn't wait for the day to be over, now I can't wait for the day to begin. I don't hang in bed after I wake up dreading what the day has in store for me, I leap out of bed and take the day by storm. Besides the physical aspects of my transformation, which I am quite impressed with, if I do say so myself, the mental and emotional benefits are what totally seal the deal for me. I had my daughter and her husband over for dinner on Christmas Eve , and was having a hard time explaining to them that I had honestly forgotten what it felt like to be truly happy, to be excited about life, to LOOK FORWARD to waking up in the morning. I used to be so full of anxiety about what horrible thing was coming my way next. I had major trepidation every single damn day, and it just became who I was as a person, it was pretty F'ing dreadful. Sure, I had some fun times and some good times, but if there wasn't a real motivation driving my happiness (like seeing my kids or grandkids) then true happiness never ever came. All my smiles were forced and for show. Joy was an absolute rarity over the last 8 years. This past month though, I feel renewed, I am happy, almost giddy sometimes, just doing normal stuff. I almost feel guilty that I feel so good now. And I am getting so much more accomplished. My screen time, be it TV/Netflix or the Interwebs is down by 90%. Now I DO STUFF instead of watching other people do stuff on the boob tube or on YouTube. Yes, it's only been a month, but it is something I plan to stick with because my life is so so much better now. Thanks for listening. Merry New Year everyone!! Have a salubrious rest of your weekend.
If you are looking for something fun and active to do with all that new found energy sign up for a 5k spartan race. My sister asked me to do one with her and it was a blast.

Top Bottom