anyone have any info on powered beach carts

skunkworks is still working on one ........ :) gasoline powered due to the high cost/weight and limited amount of stored energy in batteries . with gas you can go all day and refuel in 1 minute rather than refuel overnight on the grid . ! I may be able to supply pics soon ............. FWIW

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
This was my idea just use a small Chinese quad, if you can find one with reverse run it in reverse and steer it with a tiller arm from the back, essentially making it front wheel drive.

Time to wake up an old thread. Anyone have any ideas on how to attach a ball hitch on a dirt bike? I have a klx110 that I want to use to pull my beach cart around. It would be perfect if I could figure out a way and take up a lot less room than a quad. Plus when the beach cart isnt attached I can tear it up on the pit bike ;-)

Weld up a bracket/mount (think the letter "J") to the swing arm and put a ball in it. Better solution would be to weld bosses to the arm and have it be removable.

I doubt a bike will pull good on soft sand, but anything else it should be suffice.

CRJ

Hibernating
we've been talking about making a gas powered one, using something like a honda ATC motor. If i pick up my enclosed, i may build a transport vehicle you ride, that can pickup and launch these things, almost like a mini forklift.

time will tell!

Aqualocos That a good one ! ...... This is my latest honda 11.5 hp weatherproof hydrostatic 4x4 self loader WEDGE dolly , '' I wont lift skis anymore '' It will climb beach stairs with a blaster on it !.It has been used in Daytona ,New Jersey,North Carolina ,Virgina beach , Lake Erie , and I have never once been bothered by the POPO on the beach , excep for a picture LOL , IS Any body else workin on any more ?? I still want to see a WEEDWHACKER conversion........... anybody? :) BTW I gave up on my previous electric2 wheel dolly I did not like the way it handeled in the sand by torquing the LOAD into your arms/body when it was on a hill ''they need 4 wheels imo ''.......

Attachments

• dolly 2.JPG
    dolly 2.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 211
I combined 2 scag hydro walk behind mowers to give it 4x4 drive ,with a winch for lift and a honda vertical shaft aircooled eng ,you can get by with smaller tires .

@blaster800 , you definitely have the best option out there!

I was browsing craigslist for some other things and stumbled across this thing, hopefully its not a repost!

Norass411

Hoarder
In trying to think of good (cheap) powerplants for a 2 wheel beach cart, I'm coming up with either a go kart or tiller. the tiller seems appealing because it already has hand controls and seems lie it'd be more controllable at a walking pace. The question is, will <10 ft-lbs be enough to push a ski up a decent grade?

some interesting ideas here, so far nothing works better than a quad with a tiger tote tied to the back,especially if you have a good distance to cover and 4 or 5 skis to get to beach.just have to be quick about it and get the quad loaded up before popo show up. in Vb this seems to be about a hour or so

Norass411

Hoarder
I use a john deer with an ez-load trailer at home but those tiny wheels don't wanna run 80 for 4 hours down to the beach, haha. Made a hitch rack so I need something to get to the surf that will also be easy to throw in the back of the truck

Norass411

Hoarder
Aqualocos That a good one ! ...... This is my latest honda 11.5 hp weatherproof hydrostatic 4x4 self loader WEDGE dolly , '' I wont lift skis anymore '' It will climb beach stairs with a blaster on it !.It has been used in Daytona ,New Jersey,North Carolina ,Virgina beach , Lake Erie , and I have never once been bothered by the POPO on the beach , excep for a picture LOL , IS Any body else workin on any more ?? I still want to see a WEEDWHACKER conversion........... anybody? :) BTW I gave up on my previous electric2 wheel dolly I did not like the way it handeled in the sand by torquing the LOAD into your arms/body when it was on a hill ''they need 4 wheels imo ''.......

I might need to see under the hood of this thing worse than I need oxygen, haha. So sweet! a vid of it trucking skis would also be pretty sweet.

Top Bottom