Aquabot V2X Fixed steer

I've just finished my build and shake-down run on my bot... I ordered a full carbon surf lay up in white. I had Tony do the foot holds permanent and also open up the rear gun-wells a bit so I could kick in more straight. I also had him turf it and do a wrap. The build was quite straight forward, everything fit perfectly and it was actualy easier to build than the trinity I had built last. All the fittings were m6 which I liked but I had to do some customizing on the band hooks. Everything fit perfectly with exception to the pump which it seems had to be twisted a bit but this could be the Maxx pump or the hull but shimming extra took care of it. The fit/finish of the hood, outside, graphics, etc was that nearly of an OEM hull! no hacking and trying to get things to fit/work properly. The only regret is maybe I should have opted for a 1 off for a larger 155 pump/shoe but that's probably beyond my skill level but ya want what ya want.

Next is the ride. I only ride fixed steer skis and can't ride a pole, nor do I want to. coming from my 2 sxr's (1 is a -2 trinity hull, the other a stock lightened hull both fixed steer conversions) the ride is awesome. I recently sold a full carbon gen 2 x2 at -4 that I thought I'd like but hated. This ski after about 5 minutes felt right at home under my feet. I still have the long ride plate on it, but this ski feels like you could almost race it! the foot placement in front of pump really flattens it out to make a nice ride you won't get tired of. If you want to carve, you need to drop a foot back to the corner to get it to bite (I think I will add some sponsons soon). This is what I wanted a fixed steer to feel like, super light (at 255# complete!) yet stable when you want and flickable when needed. The ONLY complaint I have was time. 8 weeks turned into 19 weeks, and I was pissed about it... But, was it worth it? hell yes! would I do it again knowing the out come? another Hell yes! I can't say much about other "stand up" hulls, as I don't ride them, but I've ridden all types of fixed steers and this my friends is the bomb! Tony and Glynn have really done a great job on this ski..

Hey mate I threw on some 701 flex fins and it made the world of difference. I found the V2X a little boggy at the back to begin with but as soon as I threw on the flex fins it took care of that immediately not to mention made it a lot easier to ride away from backflips and rolls. The fins add a heap of stability to the rear of the ski and don't interfere when you try throw the tail out on the face of the wave. Couldn't rate them high enough.

Crehderman

ClitterHitterMotorsports
its debatable as quite possibly probably more than likely maybe the funnest best thing ive ridden cory.
Jon that’s the same thing you said about a Reaper when you rode mine, until your krash started falling apart lol, everyone knows you love tigercrafts lol

x2mafia

Maximum effort
Jon that’s the same thing you said about a Reaper when you rode mine, until your krash started falling apart lol, everyone knows you love tigercrafts lol

yeah except I cant ride a reaper or get back on it if I fall lol hey now your reaper wasnt the nicest thing on the water either lol but yes the reaper was awesome and when i was a die hard fix steer guy it was the only other thing I had ridden. I dont even know if i had ridden a blasteroid then.

Last edited:
Top Bottom