Battery Tender Lithium Batteries.

McDog

Other Administrator
Staff member
The problem is length. Battery is 6 3/8 inches long and the specs for the tank are 6 1/4. I will have both in my hands this weekend but I'm not hopeful. I don't usually catch breaks on stuff like this.

McDog

Other Administrator
Staff member
True. No skill with that personally. In a new town with no contacts. But.....@THRUST is like 45 minutes away. Maybe Brian knows someone.

Sold my spare ski this weekend with my ONLY battery so I will be picking up one of these tonight for tomorrows waves. $189 + 13% tax is the cheapest I find locally for a 240cc...

Keep in mind ordering online isn't a great deal right now because the dollar is $1 USD to $1.30 CDN

So are the lithium batteries holding up? Im about to buy a gas tank and trying to pick a battery also. The amazon add has a couple people with ones the cought fire. That kinda makes me worry about strapping it to my gas tank.

Ya mines been great .

I wounded if the people that are having fire issues are using incorrect chargers .
Because these batteries need the lithium charger . That will automatically stop charging once it's fully charged .

Philip Clemmons

Owner, P&P Performance
Ya mines been great .

I wounded if the people that are having fire issues are using incorrect chargers .
Because these batteries need the lithium charger . That will automatically stop charging once it's fully charged .
95% of Lithium battery issues are caused by the user. They must be be stored, charged, and maintained properly. When taken care of they are awesome. When not taken care of, they are dangerous

Yeah I don't think those battery tender ones are sealed. So maybe they wet. Might just go with the auto craft one from advance auto. They say PWC rated and get there charger also. If I have trouble there close to me

Philip Clemmons

Owner, P&P Performance
Am I correct to store them at full charge.
On a LiFe/A123, there seems to be no issue with leaving them charged. The bigger issue is running them down below 11.5 V or so, and even worse, leaving them discharged like that.

On a LiPo (which we don't use in skis), they should be stored at 60% (3.85 Vpc), charged before use, and storage charged when done. Life of the cells is impacted significantly otherwise.....

Has anyone tried one of these before?
AutoCraft Lithium Power Sport Battery, Lithium, Iron, LFP-4, 260 CCA

Philip Clemmons

Owner, P&P Performance
Has anyone tried one of these before?
AutoCraft Lithium Power Sport Battery, Lithium, Iron, LFP-4, 260 CCA
A buddy/customer tried one. It worked decent, but his Antigravity setup that I spec'd out for him (with proper charger) has worked the best. He went through 4-5 batteries (covering almost all manufacturers) until I got him setup with the AG. Keep in mind 260CCA is 20% less than a stock battery. He ran a 20 cell AG @ 600 CCA.

Top Bottom