Blown 701

I'm talking to a guy about buying a 2019 superjet. He informed me that someone sold him some race gas domes and he was told they were for pump gas. Anyways he said it messed up a piston and he put a fresh top end in it after boring over 1mm. He says he hasn't broken the motor in yet but is willing to take it to the water to test. Anything else I should be worried about? Thanks

headshock

still doin it
Bring a compression checker. Cylinders should read no more than 5 PSI different. 170ish is ok for 91. Anything goin highger will start needing race gas or avgas mixture. Be sure to check the impeller for any nicks or dings. A 2019 should be mint unless it was neglected and/or abused.

Bring a compression checker. Cylinders should read no more than 5 PSI different. 170ish is ok for 91. Anything goin highger will start needing race gas or avgas mixture. Be sure to check the impeller for any nicks or dings. A 2019 should be mint unless it was neglected and/or abused.
Says he stuck a ring before putting new ring and pistons. Should I be worried about the crank or wrist pin bearings? Could it have gotten hot enough to damage anything else that wouldn't have been fixed with just a hone and new piston and rings?

Destroying the top half of an engine doesn't make the easiest life for the bottom half. What else did he do to it??? No rev limiter??? Never over pay for used jetski junk!

Top Bottom